Official Froyo Update Leaked (FRF84B)

Vacuus Dilectio

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Not to be a speed freak but I wanna see what it scores on benchmarks vs my BB v.3. I mean I am sure this is better then the other froyo builds but I like to push this phone to it's limits lol.

dwe28

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Actually Pete already did update. Version .4 has been out for a few hours now that uses the FRF85B build base already. Pete was fast on this one.

Edit: You beat me to it Lurch. LOL

It's FRF84B based and it's in beta. I'll continue to use FRF84B stock until he makes a stable ROM.

WAM

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
sooooo is there anything significant about this build compared to the ones we've been piggy backing off the Nexus One?? i just don't get it

dwe28

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
sooooo is there anything significant about this build compared to the ones we've been piggy backing off the Nexus One?? i just don't get it

This one is a little smoother and quick. You can definitely tell when using the browser. Pinch/Zoom is very smooth now compared to how choppy it was before.

techi33

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
This is a solid build... less glitchy, browser is better no black screen, even with flash 10 it loads much faster then other builds, the app drawer is better IMO. Its a much smoother experience. Battery life is about the same from what I can tell.

splatf22

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Ok have a huge problem. My vibration alert for everything has not worked since i went with 57 all the way up to this build and even updated baseband. How do I fix Vidration alert for calls and texts?
I am running:
O.S.: Official Froyo Update Leaked (FRF84B)
Baseband Version: C_01.43.01P
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9 pierce@MyDroidWorld #212
My Droid is completely stable and is running between 125 mhz to 1000 mhz ondemand with setcpu

Last edited:

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
May want to check the vibrate options under Sound settings. There should be a vibrate drop down with 4 options: Always, Never, only in silent, Only when not in silent

abocornwall

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
how come when 2.1 came out we could do a manual update without root and now all the droid 2.2 builds you have to be rooted to update to

abocornwall

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
like with the link in this post its like you want 2.2 but don't want to loose root i wish someone would just post the real version without root

entwined82

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
how come when 2.1 came out we could do a manual update without root and now all the droid 2.2 builds you have to be rooted to update to

This isn't a signed update.zip file. Its a rom for rooted users. I'm sure a legit signed update.zip for 2.2 will be out soon enough. Takes time for that to come out, we'll see it once the OTA update gets pushed out to more users.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana