I am thinking of rooting my phone to install 2.2. I am new at this, so I apologize if this has been covered. I notice it says you have to reactivate, what is involved with that? Do I need to call verizon?
    07-02-2010 08:14 PM
    you just have to enter your gmail account and password just like you did when you bought your droid. you don't have to contact verizon.
    07-02-2010 08:26 PM
    Excellent, thanks for the fast reply
    07-02-2010 08:33 PM
    Actually depending on which you're installing you may have to call them. I've probably tried 6 different customs and on one of them it said I had to make that activation call. I went through the call as usual and everything was ok.
    07-02-2010 08:55 PM
    Actually that's signing into your Google account, to use the Market and to sync, etc.

Reactivation is the call to Verizon and press 1 to "program" your phone to use the network, and set the PRL, etc. Your phone will go to the Activation screen immediately after bootup. Press 1 when you hear the Verizon lady and wait till you get the "Your phone has been programmed successfully message."
    07-02-2010 08:58 PM
    I was wondering the exact same thing about reactivation, thanks for asking and thanks for the answers. Was thinking of rooting this morning, but...I live outside the Verizon data area, so when I finally decide to root I was wondering if I would have to drive 15 minutes to do the phone activation....looks like probably will?

Not the answer I was hoping for but at least I know

Thanks
    07-03-2010 12:22 PM
    Just don't change your baseband.
    07-03-2010 03:01 PM
    Clarification for anyone reading. Do NOT call *611 (Verizon Customer Service). If you have to reactivate, the phone will tell you that you have to make an activation call and will make the call for you.
    07-03-2010 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD