cyanogen Mod 6

sethjk

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
So who else is enjoying CM6. So far so good for me...even ADW is running better with significantly fewer screen redraws. I'm still using the included kernel which maxes at 800Mhz and it's flying. Plus they include the options to toggle screen color to save battery- meaning yellow tint, night vision, etc...

masterxchief

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get the old vibrate pattern back? Every time I get a text or something it vibrates like the phone is ringing and it keeps confusing me.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Everyone who has switched from buglessbeast v0.4, how does this compare? Also, did you need to wipe data prior to the installation? Thanks!

webbie721

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
I loaded CM 6 last night and a number of my apps weren't available in the market. Apparently these are copy protected apps and it can take a few days to a few weeks to show up after a rom is released. Is there a work around to make sure these apps show up in the market?

James

Melon Bread

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Man this thing is smooth sailing. I came from SS 4.4 (yes I did wipe, you should always wipe just easier), and I have no plans on going back. Cyanogen does it right

Everyone who has switched from buglessbeast v0.4, how does this compare? Also, did you need to wipe data prior to the installation? Thanks!
I was on BB 0.4 (before SS) and this thing kills it

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

Damademan3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I reverted back to bb.4 this afternoon after having cm6 all night and morning. I found it very slow compared to BB going screen to screen and to the app draw. I manually restored my adw setting to make it faster with it still running slow. Tired a p3 kernel and it rendered the phone useless. I'm thinking ill wait for the full release before trying it out again.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
For those having issues with protected apps is due to koush not having an official build to copy the fingerprint. From. My guess is that will be fixed prior to the full release. I'm not seeing any issues with speed. I have more issues with the browser closing on me. Seems to be something with flash. I also went into cyanogenmod setting and turned my heap up to 32. This bad boy is smooth

MikeIndiaKiloEcho

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
For those having issues with protected apps is due to koush not having an official build to copy the fingerprint. From. My guess is that will be fixed prior to the full release. I'm not seeing any issues with speed. I have more issues with the browser closing on me. Seems to be something with flash. I also went into cyanogenmod setting and turned my heap up to 32. This bad boy is smooth

He said he would fix it in full release or at least that is what I've heard

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I reverted back to bb.4 this afternoon after having cm6 all night and morning. I found it very slow compared to BB going screen to screen and to the app draw. I manually restored my adw setting to make it faster with it still running slow. Tired a p3 kernel and it rendered the phone useless. I'm thinking ill wait for the full release before trying it out again.

Did you do a full wipe before flashing to Cyanogen. BB and cyanogen don't really work that well flashing back and forth I've found.

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I just flashed cyan a couple hours ago and its not bad. nothing crazy. but I cant find pure calendar in the market or on my phone anymore even though all other apps restored themselves. Its cool how he has his available changes built into the android settings.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
you might have to employ the market fix. apparently he has this built into the next release, but for the moment, flashing the fix seems to take care of those issues.

Damademan3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Did you do a full wipe before flashing to Cyanogen. BB and cyanogen don't really work that well flashing back and forth I've found.

I always wipe before install... with what you said that may of been my issue, going from BB to CM6. May wipe 2 or 3 times next time.

sethjk

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I did a full wipe before installing. I came from BB.4. I'm loving CM so far. I haven't had a single issue with the market though I think some apps didn't come through initially but I manually installed them from Titanium Backup.
Need to give the battery life a test though because yesterday I was on it all day customizing and whatnot so the battery didn't last very long.

Jun 29, 2010
www.twitter.com
Re: Cyanogen Mod 6

Running the latest nightly ROM of CM6 with no problems. Never understood what all the hoopla was about, seeing as I rooted my Droid for Froyo - which CM didn't have yet! I've had best luck with Kangerade, Simply Stunning, Sapphire, and even bland (to me) Team Chaos & Onix. Now that CM's Froyo is out and I'm on it I can see why! Love the built-in settings, customization ability, apps to SD, speed, etc. No market/app problems whatsoever here! Wi-Fi and 3G working great. OC'd to 1.2 GHz with jdlfg kernel and battery life isn't bad at all. Not too shabby...

On a side note, I love all Pete's done - he's top notch - but no BB version has ever really gelled well with my Droid.

Sent From My Droid Using Tapatalk

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
i was running bb for awhile until i decided to come back to cyanogen. for me, its hands down the winner. I don't know why, but with BB, I had some lag over time and its just been blazing fast on cyan for now. Both are great and opinions seem to vary so enjoy what you will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis