07-16-2010 09:50 AM
34 12
tools
    So who else is enjoying CM6. So far so good for me...even ADW is running better with significantly fewer screen redraws. I'm still using the included kernel which maxes at 800Mhz and it's flying. Plus they include the options to toggle screen color to save battery- meaning yellow tint, night vision, etc...
    07-12-2010 02:54 PM
    Switched from BBv04 and liking this ROM even more. Smooth and snappy
    07-12-2010 03:07 PM
    Does anyone know how to get the old vibrate pattern back? Every time I get a text or something it vibrates like the phone is ringing and it keeps confusing me.
    07-12-2010 03:25 PM
    Everyone who has switched from buglessbeast v0.4, how does this compare? Also, did you need to wipe data prior to the installation? Thanks!
    07-12-2010 03:51 PM
    I loaded CM 6 last night and a number of my apps weren't available in the market. Apparently these are copy protected apps and it can take a few days to a few weeks to show up after a rom is released. Is there a work around to make sure these apps show up in the market?

James
    07-12-2010 04:35 PM
    Man this thing is smooth sailing. I came from SS 4.4 (yes I did wipe, you should always wipe just easier), and I have no plans on going back. Cyanogen does it right

Everyone who has switched from buglessbeast v0.4, how does this compare? Also, did you need to wipe data prior to the installation? Thanks!
    I was on BB 0.4 (before SS) and this thing kills it
    07-12-2010 04:57 PM
    I loaded CM 6 last night and a number of my apps weren't available in the market. Apparently these are copy protected apps and it can take a few days to a few weeks to show up after a rom is released. Is there a work around to make sure these apps show up in the market?

James
    You can download a market fix for the device. Should help:

Market update fix for Froyo leaked version 2 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
    webbie721 and Melon Bread like this.
    07-12-2010 05:10 PM
    I reverted back to bb.4 this afternoon after having cm6 all night and morning. I found it very slow compared to BB going screen to screen and to the app draw. I manually restored my adw setting to make it faster with it still running slow. Tired a p3 kernel and it rendered the phone useless. I'm thinking ill wait for the full release before trying it out again.
    07-12-2010 05:34 PM
    For those having issues with protected apps is due to koush not having an official build to copy the fingerprint. From. My guess is that will be fixed prior to the full release. I'm not seeing any issues with speed. I have more issues with the browser closing on me. Seems to be something with flash. I also went into cyanogenmod setting and turned my heap up to 32. This bad boy is smooth
    07-12-2010 06:53 PM
    For those having issues with protected apps is due to koush not having an official build to copy the fingerprint. From. My guess is that will be fixed prior to the full release. I'm not seeing any issues with speed. I have more issues with the browser closing on me. Seems to be something with flash. I also went into cyanogenmod setting and turned my heap up to 32. This bad boy is smooth
    He said he would fix it in full release or at least that is what I've heard
    07-12-2010 07:20 PM
    I reverted back to bb.4 this afternoon after having cm6 all night and morning. I found it very slow compared to BB going screen to screen and to the app draw. I manually restored my adw setting to make it faster with it still running slow. Tired a p3 kernel and it rendered the phone useless. I'm thinking ill wait for the full release before trying it out again.
    Did you do a full wipe before flashing to Cyanogen. BB and cyanogen don't really work that well flashing back and forth I've found.
    07-12-2010 08:26 PM
    I just flashed cyan a couple hours ago and its not bad. nothing crazy. but I cant find pure calendar in the market or on my phone anymore even though all other apps restored themselves. Its cool how he has his available changes built into the android settings.
    07-12-2010 10:41 PM
    you might have to employ the market fix. apparently he has this built into the next release, but for the moment, flashing the fix seems to take care of those issues.
    07-12-2010 11:43 PM
    Did you do a full wipe before flashing to Cyanogen. BB and cyanogen don't really work that well flashing back and forth I've found.
    I always wipe before install... with what you said that may of been my issue, going from BB to CM6. May wipe 2 or 3 times next time.
    07-12-2010 11:49 PM
    I did a full wipe before installing. I came from BB.4. I'm loving CM so far. I haven't had a single issue with the market though I think some apps didn't come through initially but I manually installed them from Titanium Backup.
    Need to give the battery life a test though because yesterday I was on it all day customizing and whatnot so the battery didn't last very long.
    07-13-2010 08:40 AM
    does this rom have the 2.2 native wifi hotspot working?
    Doesn't look like it. Download wireless tether from the market
    07-13-2010 01:05 PM
    Running this with fabs Droid x theme. Loving it
    07-13-2010 01:06 PM
    Running the latest nightly ROM of CM6 with no problems. Never understood what all the hoopla was about, seeing as I rooted my Droid for Froyo - which CM didn't have yet! I've had best luck with Kangerade, Simply Stunning, Sapphire, and even bland (to me) Team Chaos & Onix. Now that CM's Froyo is out and I'm on it I can see why! Love the built-in settings, customization ability, apps to SD, speed, etc. No market/app problems whatsoever here! Wi-Fi and 3G working great. OC'd to 1.2 GHz with jdlfg kernel and battery life isn't bad at all. Not too shabby...

On a side note, I love all Pete's done - he's top notch - but no BB version has ever really gelled well with my Droid.

Sent From My Droid Using Tapatalk
    07-13-2010 05:49 PM
    i was running bb for awhile until i decided to come back to cyanogen. for me, its hands down the winner. I don't know why, but with BB, I had some lag over time and its just been blazing fast on cyan for now. Both are great and opinions seem to vary so enjoy what you will.
    07-13-2010 10:11 PM
    Loving it on my N1. Always smooth and very
    light weight.
    07-13-2010 10:42 PM
    Running the latest nightly ROM of CM6 with no problems. Never understood what all the hoopla was about, seeing as I rooted my Droid for Froyo - which CM didn't have yet! I've had best luck with Kangerade, Simply Stunning, Sapphire, and even bland (to me) Team Chaos & Onix. Now that CM's Froyo is out and I'm on it I can see why! Love the built-in settings, customization ability, apps to SD, speed, etc. No market/app problems whatsoever here! Wi-Fi and 3G working great. OC'd to 1.2 GHz with jdlfg kernel and battery life isn't bad at all. Not too shabby...

On a side note, I love all Pete's done - he's top notch - but no BB version has ever really gelled well with my Droid.

Sent From My Droid Using Tapatalk
    so you finally dusted off your droid haha

edit: i thought you were cory haha. you both have the same avatar

so far so good. the only recent froyo rom that has kept my temps pretty low, low 30's. im still waiting for the new onix but dont really know how it can compete with this
    07-13-2010 10:53 PM
    Still running fine for me even with tons of stuff going on it, and thanks for the market fix link
    07-14-2010 01:04 PM
    Surprising, I dont see how this is much better then any other of the roms. Insane, BB and one other one ran as well as this for me. They are all good. I actually have seen some screen lag. After I press the home button from an app, the screen doesnt recognize my touch for a second or two
    07-14-2010 05:25 PM
    My signal kept getting dropped for me. (Odd, I know.)
    So I came to BB 0.4 once the final build is out I'm all over it though, CM6 looks great.
    07-14-2010 05:42 PM
    I'm already sick of froyo. I want themes and ported apps from other android phones. At this point I'm thinking "ok, now what"
    07-14-2010 06:11 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD