Can anyone help me with this? I know its a noob question but,I bought a moto droid in the fall and used sprecovery to update to 2.1-update 1.....now I see b.b0.4 available. Can I use the same method and update? I'm not rooted by the way.
    07-15-2010 02:51 PM
    Can anyone help me with this? I know its a noob question but,I bought a moto droid in the fall and used sprecovery to update to 2.1-update 1.....now I see b.b0.4 available. Can I use the same method and update? I'm not rooted by the way.
    You'll have to root first. Since you're on 2.1 you'll have to install RSDlite and moto drivers on your computer and flash one of the SBF files. This link should help you out:

SBF to root and to unroot - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
    07-15-2010 03:08 PM
    You'll have to root first. Since you're on 2.1 you'll have to install RSDlite and moto drivers on your computer and flash one of the SBF files. This link should help you out:

SBF to root and to unroot - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

I flashed the sprecovery.sbf file to my unrooted Droid 2.1 update-1 using RSD Lite. which if i am correct here doesnt root your Droid but actually gives you the ability to enter SPRecovery.

Mind you, my Droid wasn't rooted at the time of doing this, i flashed the official Froyo Leak...Without wiping my data or factory reseting...and it turned out fine...

After that little process i was Froyo happy with root and now i am flashing all the roms i please...so technically @ebsmrfn you dont have to be rooted just install the Official Froyo Update leak that has Root first through your 2.1 SPRecovery enabled Droid....Then you can Flash any ROM you want...
    07-15-2010 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD