I just rooted and am running FRG01 on my Droid. How do I get the ability to make my Droid a wifi Hot Spot? I can tether if I can figure out how to set up my MBP but I'd rather use it as a hot spot.

Also, can you switch from ROM to ROM without loosing your data and settings?
    07-22-2010 09:11 AM
    hot spot will not work. it is not officially released for the droid yet so there isn't any support for it. plus if you use that then you will be charged because that app will take you directly to a verizon access page to ennable the tethering ability for 20$ or somthing like that
    your best bet is to try to find a rom or kernel that has wirless tether available. it is not the hotspot app that you are referring to but it is almost the same thing and it is free. just dont over do it

please also post in the forum section that is specified with your concern. this should go in the droid mod/hacks section.
    07-22-2010 05:41 PM
    I just rooted and am running FRG01 on my Droid. How do I get the ability to make my Droid a wifi Hot Spot? I can tether if I can figure out how to set up my MBP but I'd rather use it as a hot spot.

Also, can you switch from ROM to ROM without loosing your data and settings?
    Go download the 2.2 p3 kernel and it will have net filter support and you can go to the market and download wifi tether it will make ur phone a wifi hotspot.

My phone has BB v0.4 with 2.2 and the lv p3 1ghz kernel and I have wifi tether and I am using it at work right now on my laptop lol
    P7M8 likes this.
    07-25-2010 03:01 PM
    Thanks. I changed ROMs and then found Wireless Tether. Installed without issue.
    07-26-2010 08:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD