I used this guide to root my Droid to 2.2:

How to: Root Android 2.1 and Install Android 2.2 on Motorola DROID - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

I have done the steps. 2.2 seems snappy and more polished, however it seems like I can't get at certain apps I used to have on 2.1 update1. I have also noticed my Droid is getting warm if not hot very often.

Is there a guide on how to reverse the above process, and go back to stock 2.1 update1?
    07-22-2010 10:49 AM
    Their is a market fix out for 2.2 to give you all your protected apps back and the newest build frg01 has all the protected apps. But if you want to go back to 2.1 then use the guide but flash the 2.01 sbf instead and just manually update to 2.1 if you don't want root. As far as heat make sure your not constantly running your CPU higher than 800 and you wont really see a difference
    mscalero likes this.
    07-22-2010 12:11 PM
    Hey thanks! So I don't really need to use RSD Lite at this point? Just find the stock 2.01.sbf and repeat the second part of the video guide, renaming the 2.01 stock file to "update.zip" and repeat the process?
    07-22-2010 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD