All your opinions!

G

GenericMessage

What is the best way you think it is to root the droid?

Do you tend to keep it stock (as in no roms) just to have the ability to WIFI tether and such? Or if you're a rom fan, what rom's do you run

Just wanted to see the different things and ways people do things

Last edited:

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Depends on the day I was. Running the leaked frg01 for over a week just changed to droidmod I love the stability of stock but with the things these devs are doing kinda keeps me running custom roms

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Stock is probably the most stable but if your looking for performance then you are probably better off looking into a rom. I personally am a performance junky and want my Droid to run smooth no matter what I'm running. I have tried the majority of roms out and each has a mixed bag.

Right now I'm running liquid's liquid froyo and its getting the job done but not 100% satisfied. I feel most devs now are trying to load as many bells and whistles as they can into their roms and its kind of annoying. Ill take speed over flashy extras anyday.

ebaby92

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Stock is probably the most stable but if your looking for performance then you are probably better off looking into a rom. I personally am a performance junky and want my Droid to run smooth no matter what I'm running. I have tried the majority of roms out and each has a mixed bag.

Right now I'm running liquid's liquid froyo and its getting the job done but not 100% satisfied. I feel most devs now are trying to load as many bells and whistles as they can into their roms and its kind of annoying. Ill take speed over flashy extras anyday.

Yup, the thing to do is find the right balance between the extras you want and the speed and reliability of your ROM. Just try different ones out and get a feel for it.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Depends on the day I was. Running the leaked frg01 for over a week just changed to droidmod I love the stability of stock but with the things these devs are doing kinda keeps me running custom roms

Project Durden?

How is that? I am really excited to see how it runs. Droidmod was by far my favorite 2.01 ROM, but I had to leave them once 2.1 roms and now 2.2 roms are out. I have really high hopes for their 2.2 build.