Bricked my phone??

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
which sbf did you use i hmm looks like you were running froyo and it didnt update your kernel look under about phone and see what kernel version and system version you have
you may want to flash just the frg01 sbf i can pop it on my dropbox if your not scared to flash that and it should get you back a fully functional phone

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
edit what rom did you choose and what kernel did you flash with it because ive had that issue and it was a kernel problem
edit2 and were you trying the unroot or root procedure

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
well thats real odd what does your phone say when you reboot into bootloader. and what rom did you flash that could be the whole issue if the wrong kernel is used with a rom it causes to many issues

KurwaMac

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
it says Bootloader; 2C.7C; Battery OK; Ok to Program; Transfer Mode: USB
and I dont think i got a rom on it because when I go to apply it it says Install from sdcard... finding update package... verifying update package... E:cant open /sdcard/update.zip (no such file or directory) Installation aborted.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
oh you never flashed the rom ok. here is what you need to do reboot into recovery and under mount options you will see the option to mount usb mass storage. do that then look at the sdcard find the update package you wanted to flash and make sure its on the root of your sdcard(not inside any folders)
then once youve done that click rename and just name it update. then disable usb mass storage and apply the rom make sure you click allow update before you apply the update

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
well charge it for awhile or get a battery charger can you get into recovery while its plugged into the wall
edit will it boot all the way up atleast if so your golden

KurwaMac

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
it will boot all the way up for a bit in the wall but eventually it says a process system is not reponding and then goes into The Android system

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
dont need it to charge just need it to flash the new rom. if it boots up it still may be charging the battery without you knowing. but your golden if you can get into recovery and just flash the rom. about the usb mass storage you may need a card reader for that
if it boots into android its charging your battery. just try and flash the rom. or let the battery charge before you try. was your battery low when you started the process

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
ok use the card reader to make sure the update.zip is named correctly and in the correct place then once done with that plug your phone into the charger and reboot into recovery and try the flash

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm