OK so I decided to go ahead and flash CM6 the other day. Overall I am EXTREMELY happy with the decision. However there is one issue that is seemingly minor, but annoying none-the-less.

I finished setting up my Droid exactly as I like it. ADW Launcher, 7 screens, all my icons, apps, widgets.. everything.

It's perfect. BUT, every single time that I reboot the phone, or it gets shut off for ANY reason, when the phone comes back on ALL of the widgets are missing. In their places it just says "problem loading widget." At first I figured I would just add them all again. That didn't work. All of the widgets I had on my screens had been erased from the widget menu. The apps themselves still existed on my phone and in the app drawer, but when I longpress the homescreen and go to the widget menu... they are all gone. Rebooting the phone had no effect. The only way to get them back in the menu and therefore back on my homescreen was to uninstall them completely and reinstall them. This is annoying as some of them, like Android Agenda Widget, take an annoying amount of time to reconfigure.

Any idea as to why this might be happening? I really enjoy CM6, but I can't keep my phone on ALL the time. It has to be turned off sometimes, and with the poor battery poer I've been getting it will shut off on its own anyway sometimes.
    10-12-2010 04:46 PM
    Did you move them to your SD card? If so, move them back to the phone's internal memory and they should come back.
    10-12-2010 05:24 PM
    hmm... I didn't, but now that you mention it I think I may have set CM6 settings to move EVERYTHING to external storage. let me check.

Another weird, possibly related issue...

At the same time, and for the same reason, as the above stated issue my keyboard defaults back to the Android Keyboard.

*UPDATE: That seems to have worked. I set it to "Internal" storage. What does the "Automatic" setting do?
    10-12-2010 05:41 PM
    For the droid to utilize the apps2sd the developer has to write the app to take advantage of the option. The automatic setting will install the app to the location it has been written for.
    anthonyzul likes this.
    10-12-2010 09:16 PM
    Automatic it is then! I thought that is what it was for... I'm not as much of a Noob as all this makes me out to be.. HAH!

Thanks everyone!
    10-12-2010 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD