Is there a video or can someone please make a how to video on how to root the Droid. But I still can't seem to get it to work I installed the root zip to the phone but don't understand what the su is or how to make the rooted Apps work with the phone.....thanks for all the help.
    12-10-2009 04:07 PM
    Su stands for superuser i.e. admin access to your phone. Rooted apps either work or don't depending on the platform the application was made for. One app I know works for me is drocap2 which screen caps whatever your working on. Try it out if it doesn't work or you don't get a message on your droid saying "this app blah blah blah is asking for root/root su access" if that app doesn't work then you're not rooted.
    12-10-2009 06:53 PM
    Thanks I get an error that says failed to execute drocap2.....I did everything that I had to do. Still can't get it.grrrrr
    12-10-2009 07:23 PM
    Was your zip in the /sdcard or in your / "top" directory when you applied the root zip?
    12-10-2009 07:45 PM
    It said it install was successful. I'm not sure way u mean by top directory
    12-10-2009 07:51 PM
    It said it install was successful. I'm not sure way u mean by top directory
    12-10-2009 08:07 PM
    Sounds to me like you installed just the 2.01 update and not root. Try the tutorial in this forum.. I'm on my Droid or I would link it for you.
    12-10-2009 08:09 PM
    I'm on my Droid too. I'm pretty sure it was the right .zip because it said droidroot.zip I think. I'm getting ready to give up.....but In a way I just wanna get it done.
    12-10-2009 08:17 PM
    I'm on my Droid too. I'm pretty sure it was the right .zip because it said droidroot.zip I think. I'm getting ready to give up.....but In a way I just wanna get it done.
    Try using the Zip I uploaded in the Thread
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/andr...-zip-easy.html

I only point you to that cause it worked for me, which is why I made that post. The droidroot.zip file was before Cyongen came out with the Superuser.zip mod. If you used the older Droidroot.zip file it was my understanding you had to access superuser through the ADB port (connected to the computer) I could be wrong. The cyongen superuser.zip combined with the OTAupdate file does it for you so you dont have to deal with it. The file I upload is the OTA/Superuser file merged as is needed for the Root hack. Hope this helps
    12-10-2009 09:48 PM
    thanks so much i got it working.. now i just gotta find out how to do stuff..let the games begin!:-)
    12-11-2009 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD