11-30-2010 03:26 PM
45 12
tools
    Ultimate Droid -> Download Manager -> Motorola Droid -> The Ultimate Droid 2.0.0

i am loading it as we speak.

change log:
    - New popup changelog on startup (anderweb/blackdroid)
    - New updated themed with images from gingerbread (blackdroid)
    - Added new launcher (new customized version of adw with new features, anderweb/blackdroid)
    - Added option to turn toggle overscroll and change weight of effect (rmcc)
    - Reverted to 1.0.0 Phone UI untill updates are made to new UI. (Will be send out as and update)
    - Newer more customizable live wallpapers (kmobs - make sure to donate)
    - Updated all apps on the Ultimate Droid Servers
    - Fixes for camera contious focus (droid)
    - Updated Overhauled music app
    - Updated News and Weather
    - Updated Google CarHome
    - Updated Google Talk
    - Updated Marketplace
    - Updated Google Maps
    - New Kernel for Inc (cyanogen)
    - Fixes for bluetooth
    11-09-2010 01:45 PM
    How is it? I'm currently on cyanogenmod 6.1 rc3. This looks incredible though. Any noticeable bugs or glitches? Thanks!!
    11-09-2010 07:29 PM
    i am really liking it so far. my only complaint is the random black bar on the top of the lock screen that cannot be removed. that is a small price to pay for the rest of the package though. this ROM simply flies, customization is incredible, it seems very stable so far. running it with slayher's 1.2 gHz kernel, i got the highest Quadrant Benchmark score of any ROM/kernel combination on my phone so far.

11-09-2010 08:00 PM
    i am really liking it so far. my only complaint is the random black bar on the top of the lock screen that cannot be removed. that is a small price to pay for the rest of the package though. this ROM simply flies, customization is incredible, it seems very stable so far. running it with slayher's 1.2 gHz kernel, i got the highest Quadrant Benchmark score of any ROM/kernel combination on my phone so far.
    Guess I'm gonna have to try it out. I heard about some camera focus issues with the ROM, have you had any of these?
    11-09-2010 08:40 PM
    Guess I'm gonna have to try it out. I heard about some camera focus issues with the ROM, have you had any of these?
    i honestly haven't used the camera yet, but from what i can see playing around with it right now, it is fine.
    luke31 likes this.
    11-09-2010 09:36 PM
    solution to the black bars on the lock screen has been found! DL metamorph from the market and use it to change your lock screen background. only other bug of note is that the 3D app drawer on LauncherPro is super glitchy. luckily, you can just turn it off. also, battery life today has been GREAT!!
    11-10-2010 08:51 PM
    solution to the black bars on the lock screen has been found! DL metamorph from the market and use it to change your lock screen background. only other bug of note is that the 3D app drawer on LauncherPro is super glitchy. luckily, you can just turn it off. also, battery life today has been GREAT!!
    I agree! Battery life and stability are incredible, and I don't use the 3D drawer anyway. Thanks for the metamorph thing, I'll install it right now.
    11-10-2010 10:39 PM
    OMG just installed this. Lifechangingly awesome. I just saved the $200 I was going to spend on a new phone since my contract is up.
    11-11-2010 03:06 PM
    You all are inspiring me to try this. I just installed LFY 1.9. before that, I had bugless beast

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    11-13-2010 01:17 PM
    looks awesome took out the beautiful dialer from MIUI if only he took out the lockscreen as well those are the only two things i liked about MIUI oh and maybe the sms app. Def going to try this out tonight seeing as i have never run UD and this looks amazing
    11-16-2010 12:45 AM
    looks awesome took out the beautiful dialer from MIUI if only he took out the lockscreen as well those are the only two things i liked about MIUI oh and maybe the sms app. Def going to try this out tonight seeing as i have never run UD and this looks amazing
    If you could get beyond the few cosmetic glitches, then this is one of the best roms I've ever used. Hopefully therell be an update soon but until then, the glitches don't bother me that much.
    11-16-2010 07:30 AM
    Most features ever seen in one Rom and its still blazing fast I love it

Just made first couple calls on this and the dialpad doesn't work once in a call can't enter numbers for customer service etc big downfall to this Rom.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    11-16-2010 11:17 AM
    Need help with this. I have downloaded this ROM as a ZIP to my root directory of my SD Card.

I have ROM Manager installed on my droid - when I go to install it I end up in a boot loop coming out and never get past the "Ultimate Droid" screen. I had to do a battery pull and revert to my old ROM.

Do I have to wipe data/cache?
    If I want to load a new kernel - which do I do first the UD load or the Kernel load? Or does it not matter?
    11-18-2010 02:30 PM
    Got it done last night. Loving UD.

Great quadrant scores topping out at 900MHz. Had it going to 1.2GHz last night but the battery started running very hot.
    11-19-2010 06:49 AM
    Need help with this. I have downloaded this ROM as a ZIP to my root directory of my SD Card.

I have ROM Manager installed on my droid - when I go to install it I end up in a boot loop coming out and never get past the "Ultimate Droid" screen. I had to do a battery pull and revert to my old ROM.

Do I have to wipe data/cache?
    If I want to load a new kernel - which do I do first the UD load or the Kernel load? Or does it not matter?
    yes, you have to wipe data and cache before installing the new ROM. as for kernels, install the ROM, reboot and make sure it works, save a backup in ROM manager, then install your kernel. this will make sure you have a working version to fall back on if any of the kernels you are trying bootloop on you.
    11-20-2010 09:34 AM
    Anyone find Bluetooth to be flaky with this ROM?
    11-21-2010 08:26 PM
    Anyone find Bluetooth to be flaky with this ROM?
    i have heard that it is flaky for some people, but works fine for others. i don't use it for anything, so i cannot confirm or deny.
    11-21-2010 10:00 PM
    anyone know if he has released the 2.0.0 fix yet? he was rumored to be releasing it already but I haven't seen it
    11-22-2010 09:19 PM
    So after rooting my phone and trying Cyanogenmod (and hating it after a few days), I tried UD 2.0 and just wow. This ROM is so awesome! It's got an awesome theme, some really cool custom settings and it's actually made my Droid fast.

One problem I'm having is that it won't install custom apps like Swype or Fancy Weather. Anyone know a way to get Swype to install?
    11-24-2010 08:18 AM
    Version 2.1 released today!!! check the top post for the download link.
    11-24-2010 09:40 AM
    Version 2.1 released today!!! check the top post for the download link.
    Any issues so far?
    11-24-2010 09:46 AM
    I just upgraded and lost my Gmail app. WTF?

EDIT: NM, I reinstalled Gmail from UD settings.
    11-24-2010 10:08 AM
    I just upgraded and lost my Gmail app. WTF?
    download it again from the market... he has stopped putting some native apps in the source code because it causes issues with updates. personally, it is much easier to re-download than to do all of the steps it takes to get source apps to update correctly.
    11-24-2010 10:13 AM
    So after rooting my phone and trying Cyanogenmod (and hating it after a few days), I tried UD 2.0 and just wow. This ROM is so awesome! It's got an awesome theme, some really cool custom settings and it's actually made my Droid fast.

One problem I'm having is that it won't install custom apps like Swype or Fancy Weather. Anyone know a way to get Swype to install?
    swype comes bundled, no need to re-install.
    11-24-2010 10:14 AM
    Just go to UD settings and install from there
    11-24-2010 11:29 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD