Ultimate Droid 2.3.0

SolidOrange

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
updates are coming fast for this ROM! since the old thread is now flooded with 2.0 and 2.1 info, i thought i'd start a fresh one for the new release.

The Ultimate Droid - Forums -> Download Manager -> Motorola Droid -> The Ultimate Droid 2.3.0

here's the changelog:
- Updated All kernels
- Updated Browser app
- Updated Mms Features
- Updated Contacts app
- Scrollbars now invisible
- Updated Deskclock Features
- Added a more visible scroller
- Fixed compcache startup issue
- Fixed switching bootanimation issue
- Centered Date and Time on Lockscreen
- Added Phone and Messaging Tab Option for Lockscreen (rhurta)
- Added lockscreen gestures (mwebster - UDParts -> Input Settings)
- Play previous song when headset button is clicked three times (cyanogen)
- Changed deault wallpaper to "The Underdog" (androidandme.com - Ray Frenden)
- Pulled in some extra fixes from AOSP (framework, system core, build, bionic

SolidOrange

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
there was a falling out between the creator of UD and the developers of ROM Manager a few months ago. as far as i know, none of his Froyo ROMs have been or will be added to the app.

SolidOrange

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
FYI, i flashed this ROM a couple of hours ago and it is running great! the only minor problem i have noticed is that the sliders to answer/ignore a call are slightly off center, but i can easily live with that.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Why is rom manager not staying up to date with these new roms? Anyways I am going to load this right now.

The reason behind Ultimate Droid not being in Rom Manager is because of Black Droid's previous actions. Back in the Eclair days, Black Droid created a rom that caught a lot of attention from the Droid (rom users) community. So much attention that some developers looked into the Rom and what it was based off of. What did they find, you may ask? They found out that Ultimate Droid was based off of CyanogenMod. This wouldn't have been a big deal if Black Droid would have credited Cyanogen, but he didn't and he denied almost every accusation made against him.

Now you may be curious as to how this affects Rom Manager and why Ultimate Droid is nowhere to be found in it. You may or may not know that Koush is the creater of Rom Manager. He is also the original Dev who ported Cyanogen to the Droid and has really close ties with Cyanogen.

Personally, due to all of this drama and how long Black Droid drew this out, I probably will never install Ultimate Droid on any of my devices. This is in no way to say that you shouldn't. By all means, if you like the rom then you should enjoy it and give it a shot. From what i have been hearing, it is a great rom and is really snappy. I just wanted to inform you as to why UD is not in Rom Manager.

Good luck all

Reactions: Jerzyiroc

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
UD vs Cyanogen. This is what blew everything up...
https://spreadsheets0.google.com/ccc?key=tGn_l9JdLRnr1MunyScae5Q&hl=en#gid=1

Not sure if his "new" stuff is still based off CM or not, but from what my friend said it's a really good rom. SO if you can care less about what happened in the past, pull the trigger, you wont be disappointed. But for those that do, stay as far away from it as possible. I know I won't be using his Evo version ever myself...

SolidOrange

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth, cyanogen is now given both credit and thanks in the "credit list" section of his ROM info. I was using a Blackberry until 3 months ago, so there is no way i am going to let his past transgressions affect my opinion of this or any future versions of UD.

Last edited:

xesso

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know why he took out swype as a keyboard? Or if he is gonna put it back in the next version?

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know why he took out swype as a keyboard? Or if he is gonna put it back in the next version?

If he did leave it in, his rom is illegal for including it. Though it wouldn't surprise me

Sent from my Droid Incredible because I'm too lazy to walk over to my computer.

SolidOrange

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

swype will no longer allow anyone to bundle their keyboard in a custom ROM. it has been gone from UD since 2.0.0.

that being said, there are ways to find it. i would not advocate getting it illegally, but since it is now locked to new users, disallowed from custom ROMs, and not available in the market... they really don't give you much choice.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
swype will no longer allow anyone to bundle their keyboard in a custom ROM. it has been gone from UD since 2.0.0.

that being said, there are ways to find it. i would not advocate getting it illegally, but since it is now locked to new users, disallowed from custom ROMs, and not available in the market... they really don't give you much choice.

Yeah they do, sign up for the beta

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Its a closed beta but if you sign up you will be put on the waiting the list

SolidOrange

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Its a closed beta but if you sign up you will be put on the waiting the list

...eventually. i have been signed up since the day i got my droid in september and still not gotten an invite. i would gladly pay for it if they would just put in the market, but since they haven't, my only option was to get it elsewhere. i am all for supporting developers, but i don't understand why they want to make it so hard for people to get their hands on a copy.

knightbb

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
how??

I downloaded the file and tried to install it on my droid two times i renamed it to update and update.zip bit it said cant open the file.. this is not the first time i did this is there something wrong with the file..

HELP!!!!!!!!!:confused:

SolidOrange

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the file and tried to install it on my droid two times i renamed it to update and update.zip bit it said cant open the file.. this is not the first time i did this is there something wrong with the file..

HELP!!!!!!!!!:confused:

first, you have to be rooted. second, download ROM Manager and install the included Clockwork Mod recovery. third, download and save the .zip to your SD. fourth, back up your current ROM in ROM Manager. fifth, reboot into recovery, wipe data and cache, and select "install file from SD" to choose the .zip you just downloaded, then load. there is no need to rename the file when doing it this way. if you want to backup your app/system data before you flash the new ROM, use Titanium Backup (also in market). this is not necessary, but recommended if you want to keep your settings, high scores, etc.

SolidOrange

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
also, i finally ran a benchmark on this ROM... still pushin out over 1700 on Quadrant!

benchmarkUD23.png

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Id be willing to try it, but honestly, I'm loving 2.3 After seeing SolidOrange's BM results, I just had to try it. Best I could get was a 1715 with the ROm set to Performance mode with the addition of the Slayher Kernal. It's pretty fricking fast regardless.