after cyanogin 6.6.1 missing paid app

hurtsellers

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
oops; in post I meant 6.1.1 -

A newbie here; recently (about five days ago) I rooted and and updated to cyanogin 6.1.1 on my droid 1. Everything works great and I love the "new" phone, but my paid app "SlingPlayer Mobile" - my most expensive and coolest app - is missing from both my phone and the market.

I've heard some people with missing paid apps have just waited and google would update and then they would return. I don't know if that's true in this situation or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks.

Last edited:

Sploinkin

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Try loading up your backup (you did make one right?) and see if it is there. Then you can try flashing Cyanogen again, or some other rom.

I'm out of ideas, so if those don't work good luck!

Reactions: hurtsellers

cmslick3

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I have read in a couple of different places that something happens when you load the ROM directly through ROM Manager that casues some corruption. This causes some apps to disappear from the market...

The suggested fix, I have yet to confirm this, is to download the ROM direclty from the provider and install it from your SD card. Of course you should always back up your existing ROM before flashing so you have somewhere to go back to.

I had a similar issue with my first attempt at Cyanogen 6.1.1, i have since DL'd the file directly and plan on trying the direct flash method soon.

Reactions: hurtsellers

hurtsellers

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the imput

thanks for the advice; I really appreciate it. I'm going to flash back first and see what happens. (I had previously flashed to 6.1 and "Slingplayer" was working fine so my thought is that if I go back I might be OK.

...... this is really fun :)

hurtsellers

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the imput

thanks for the advice; I really appreciate it. I'm going to flash back first and see what happens. (I had previously flashed to 6.1 and "Slingplayer" was working fine so my thought is that if I go back I might be OK.

...... this is really fun :)

cmslick3

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok so yesterday I DL'd cyanogenmod 6.1.2 from their site and the google apps zip files. I ran a RM backup on my existing ROM for safety sake before flashing again. You don't need to do anything with the zip files, just save them on your SD. Running the install from the SD card fixed my missing app scenario.

So my steps were:
1. backup!!!
2. Select install from SD card in RM, choose the CM6.1.2 image, also select wipe data and cache. Let this flash and boot. You won't have any google apps, but thenkfully RM is included with the image so you can do the next part.
3. Select install from SD again in RM and choose the google apps zip file, again select wipe data and cache.
4. Now it's the waiting game, you have to sign back into your google account, this should kick off the DL process to restore all your apps.

This is where I noticed the problem before, I was missing several apps when I ran the ROM flash directly through RM, doing the flash semi-manually resolved this issue.

Now I have all the apps I had before and everything shows up in the market.