I have rooted my Droid with the SuperOneClick Method and then i installed Rom Manager and flashed clockwork mod with it. Now i tried DLing Cyanogen Mod and then BB and when they went through the steps to flash and backup it wouldnt backup the original ROM correctly and then it fails to install the new ROM. It did that with both ROMs i DLed. What did i do wrong?
    01-31-2011 03:24 PM
    Make sure you're rooted. Try running an app that requires root like Wireless tether. You can also try using Droid 2/X Bootstrapper in the market. http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...om-roms-4.html
    01-31-2011 03:52 PM
    already checked to make sure i am rooted.
    01-31-2011 03:53 PM
    Are you wiping the data and cache in clockwork before flashing the new Rom? You might want to also check out Bootstrapper.
    01-31-2011 03:58 PM
    Are you wiping the data and cache in clockwork before flashing the new Rom? You might want to also check out Bootstrapper.
    yeah i am wiping and backing up before flashing. still doesnt work. also i dont want to pay for an app like bootstrapper when Rom manager should work and i already payed for the premium one.
    01-31-2011 04:04 PM
    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    01-31-2011 04:04 PM
    So your able to backup but you can't flash a Rom that you downloaded using Rom manager is the correct?
    If that is true try downloading the Rom using your computer and the move it to your sdcard and try flashing in recovery. I don't usually download in Rom manager because it take so long.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk
    01-31-2011 04:12 PM
    it wont even let me create backups.

i just used superoneclick to unroot, formatted the SD card, did a full data wipe, and then re-rooted and tried it again and it STILL wont work.
    01-31-2011 04:22 PM
    also...when doing the SuperOneClick root method it has 2 options on the top right for exploits. Psneuter and rageagainstthecage. Which one of these 2 should I have it checked on? is that what could be causing issues with the ROM installations? also this method does install busybox right? I tried DLing busybox from the market too and it still didnt help.
    01-31-2011 04:53 PM
    also i just noticed when trying to do a backup its giving be an error about something to do with sd-ext. anyone know what that means? and what i need to do to fix it?

also now when i try to do a backup or flash a new rom it doesnt even try to open it, it just shows a triangle with a phone laying down next to it.
    01-31-2011 05:42 PM
    go into rom manager and flash sprecovery...or if you want to flash the clockwork recovery make sure after you select motorola droid (cdma) and flash...it should only take 3-5 seconds to say successfully flashed...if it takes longer than that keep flashing until you get the message in the 3-5 second window then try to download the rom you want
    02-04-2011 09:37 PM
    make sure you make a nandroid backup prior to using whatever rom your downloading in case anything gets mucked up...
    02-04-2011 09:41 PM
    One thing i've found, is flashing the SPrecovery, then flashing back to Clockwork would usually work for me. just something to consider.
    02-05-2011 02:57 PM
    Your getting the ! and phone is because you don't have a custom recovery also the ROM Manager recovery server was down last night for a little bit...should be fine now...I just flashed the newest nightly build of CM7 last night around 1am, so flash your recovery again as said and then re-dl a ROM.
    02-05-2011 04:03 PM
    go into rom manager and flash sprecovery...or if you want to flash the clockwork recovery make sure after you select motorola droid (cdma) and flash...it should only take 3-5 seconds to say successfully flashed...if it takes longer than that keep flashing until you get the message in the 3-5 second window then try to download the rom you want

Thank you everyone. I tried this and flashed clockwork mod until it would do it quickly and then i was able to finally flash cyanogen onto my droid. now im gonna try the nightly builds and see how that works. thanks again to everyone who helped me out with this.
    02-05-2011 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD