Vanilla Android 2.3.2 (from Peter Alfonso)

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Wow this sounds incredible. How's the memory usage? From the Cyanogen forums, a lot of people were complaining that Gingerbread is a memory hog to the point of closing applications such as the music player and closing widgets. Have you noticed any insane memory problems?

Reactions: brett-myers

Seryozha

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
newb alert! I'm wanting to try this but i am a ROM virgin. Is there destructions somewhere on how to do this for the first time?

SolidOrange

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Wow this sounds incredible. How's the memory usage? From the Cyanogen forums, a lot of people were complaining that Gingerbread is a memory hog to the point of closing applications such as the music player and closing widgets. Have you noticed any insane memory problems?

I am running with 38 mb of free RAM right now with no FC's. It obviously uses more memory than FroYo but the speed is incredible and I haven't run into any problems.

SolidOrange

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
And I am not gonna lie, I am kinda disappointed that I beat the AC homepage to this news and still didn't get a shoutout in the article. They even used my words almost exactly. :(

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
1. Download ROM from pc
2. Copy ROM onto root of SD card
3. Boot into recovery
4. Wipe data/factory reset
5. Wipe cache
6. Install ROM from SD card
7. Find ROM on SD card and let your phone do the rest

Reactions: Seryozha

boomerbsg

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
just installed it on my droid.. coming from PE4.2.... wow! this thing rocks! runs smoother than BB and PE.. its a keeper for sure! and the on screen keyboard is sooooooo much better.

i was considering ditching my droid.. but it may now stay with me for awhile longer.

cheers

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I agree, I've been running it for a day and it's amazing! Only thing that's a little annoying (and this is not Pete's fault, just the Droid's RAM) is that I get more screen redraws than usual. But the home screen loads up pretty fast, even after a reload, so I'll stick with it.

pwrmetal

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'll be the voice of dissent. I wasn't that impressed. My phone was definitely faster with Project Elite. I also didn't really care for the look of Gingerbread (I like a white notification bar). I've reverted back to Project Elite for now. I'll give Gingerbread another shot when Cyanogen 7 is done.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
And I am not gonna lie, I am kinda disappointed that I beat the AC homepage to this news and still didn't get a shoutout in the article. They even used my words almost exactly. :(

I'm kind of disappointed that you would accuse me of plagiarism.

That post was written well before it was published, and there was no intentional oversight. We try to source our own forums anytime we can.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm loving GPA10... For the most part, I fixed the redraw issues by replacing my Slayher Kernel with the Liquid Gingerbread one, and also by uninstalling Launcher2. It's running great!

boomerbsg

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So after a full day of use, been about 9hrs off the charger, and my battery is only down about 1/8th!! Its like a whole new phone. Really loving my droid 1. Only on big issue is its a tad slow coming out of stand by. But I can deal with that.

*edit* okay i was going by the battery icon. when i checked in preferences/status it said down to 60%... which is still great performance from the stock battery, considering i have yet to make it more than 6 hours without having to charge it to make it through the rest of my day at work.

so the issues i have so far are:
Slow to wake up from stand by
Battery icon seems a bit off (which i dont care really, i'm sure "theres an app for that" to show %)
only app problem i've seen so far was GO SMS, it kept accumulating message count/notice in my status bar. uninstalled it and went to Handscent SMS and its playing nicely now.. I'll give GO SMS another shot after a couple more releases.. i prefer it over handscent.

cheers

Last edited:

SolidOrange

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm kind of disappointed that you would accuse me of plagiarism.

That post was written well before it was published, and there was no intentional oversight. We try to source our own forums anytime we can.

hey, no biggie. i am not accusing you or anyone else of plagiarism, just wanted to see my name on my homepage for my own egomaniacle reasons, lol.

of course AC has beaten me to thousands of leaks/tips, i was just surprised to post some news before the homepage for once. :p

risk235

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I'm loving GPA10... For the most part, I fixed the redraw issues by replacing my Slayher Kernel with the Liquid Gingerbread one, and also by uninstalling Launcher2. It's running great!

Where can you find the download for it and which one did you use?

colecolecole

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
i love this rom, tv off works great !

i have found a couple bugs but nothing to serious , sometime i have trouble connecting to the 3g network when trying to use the browser,market, news and weather, or facebook especially when i go into those apps from the widget.

im also having trouble setting ringtones and notifications, sometimes it plays the ringtone i set and other times it picks one at random, same with notifications.

i had the dialer force close multiple times this morning when i tried to switch from a call to a call waiting. screwing up both phone calls and frustrating the hell out of my girlfriend lol

also have invisible lock tabs sometimes and a werid grey block around the time

but all together for a first release this rom is pretty good cant wait for updates