consistant force closes, lag, reboots

c4k3two

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I have, for around 3 to 4 weeks now, rooted my OG droid with cyanogen mod 6.1. I installed it as the website directs, but have run into more and more increasing problems with use.

ADW launcher constantly restarts, or has me force close the entire app,

my market rarely downloads apps on the first attempt, and crashes when attempting to update only 2 apps ath the same time, giving me the error market.vending.android not working, on both actions, prompting me to force close.

My browser, regardless of it being stock or dolphin HD, is increasingly closing itself out with out any prompting or errors, it just goes back to my home screen.

I rooted my phone using super one click from XDA, i'm running chevyno1 LV 1.1ghz kernel, using the free rom manager. If any of that information helps.

I run the phone at 250mhz to 1.1ghz when the screen is on, 250mhz to 450 when the screen is off, and 250 to 800mhz when charging or the phone gets hotter than 45 Celsius.

I'm 100% positive i downloaded the correct Google apps package for my phone/version of CM6.

Should a reflash of CM, and another wipe of my SD card clear up these issues?

One more note, if a complete fresh install of CM is the best course of action, what "package" from the nightlies website do i choose for CM7? I've been wanting to try those.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Build #39 is the latest and possibly a RC, try the fix permissions thing in ROM Manager that will help with your FC's and if that doesnt work re-dl and install through ROM Manager, its the easiest way.

Sploinkin

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if it is RC worthy for the Droid. The memory problem closing apps is a major problem in my book. I usually have 50-80mb of free ram, quit closing out Listen, kthx.

c4k3two

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
So what's causing the reboots? I'm fixing permissions as we speak, and ill see if that helps with the FC's. Should the permissions fix also resolve the apps closing without warning or error messages too?

As for CM7 i saw a bunch of odd device names, i couldn't find out which one was for the droid one.

c4k3two

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok, fixing permissions appears to have helepd with my market downloading issues.

But it did not do anything towards alleviating my random app closing, or my random reboots.

:(

Edit: My market no longer force closes, but rather goes into extreme bouts of lag in situations where it would just want to force close.

Last edited:

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Your prolly getting all those errors and FC's cuz of the kernel your using...CyanogenMod uses its own custom kernel...

You don't need to wipe your SD card...you need to wipe DATA and CACHE!

As for CM7 just download through ROM Manager...it only shows ROMs for your device.

Reactions: c4k3two

c4k3two

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Ah ok,

But the CM kernel doesn't allow me to go to 1.1ghz overclock, so if i wanted to do so, should i choose a different rom?

Sploinkin

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
You can install a different kernel on top of CM 7 (or any other rom). Do you have Rom Manager premium? There are a couple developers who offer kernels for download through Rom Manager: ChevyNo1 and slayher, or you could just download any other kernel you want off the internets.

As far as the naming, CM7 OG Droid rom should be named Sholes.

c4k3two

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
That's what i did, i downloaded the LV 1.1 kernel from chevyno1, and im currently using that.

The Cm stock kernel only goes to 800, which is why i asked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae