So this morning I woke up next to my phone and the screen appeared to be "on" (no picture or anything, but there was enough back lighting on that I could tell it was on) but would not display any picture. Also, this thing was HOT.

Being half awake and slightly in a hurry I did a battery pull to reset my phone. It appeared to be booting up fine, but when it came time to unlock the screen, no dice. It was totally unresponsive. To make matters worse, it appears to have fried or seriously damage my SD card reader (SD card has a little scorch mark but still works in other devices thankfully)

I was running the new GB build by Pete and and OC kernel to 1ghz and have been since it came out. I'll be honest, there were signs my phone didn't agree with this ROM and I should have just restored and old build, but didn't. I understand I'll have to get a replacement, but my question here is, is there anyway to return to stock without making use of the touchscreen or the SD card slot? I can boot into recovery but thats about it. I figure all hope is lost but I figured if anyone has an idea I'm willing to try.
    03-01-2011 08:13 AM
    Why do you need to make it stock again, if it won't turn on who is going to know.

If you don't have a SD card your pretty much screwed, recovery is worthless.
    03-02-2011 11:06 AM
    Well question my ethics if you will but it was under warranty and I want my phone back lol. I have "bad mojo" about sending out a rooted phone booting with a custom ROM. Touchscreen working or not.
    03-02-2011 04:50 PM
    Oh my bad...misread the part about it actually booting up.

You could probably unroot it since it will boot up, but won't be able to change the ROM since your SD card doesn't work and the touch screen is un-responsive to mount it to put a stock ROM onto.
    03-03-2011 12:20 AM
    Does SBF require an SD card? I'm not familiar with the process, but if it's via ADB from a PC, he shouldn't need an SD card to push the SBF onto the device.
    Vacuus Dilectio likes this.
    03-05-2011 09:06 AM
    Does SBF require an SD card? I'm not familiar with the process, but if it's via ADB from a PC, he shouldn't need an SD card to push the SBF onto the device.
    Hmm, good thinking that could work, I've only heard of people doing that with their X's though, not quite sure if there's a method for the OG though.
    03-05-2011 08:16 PM
    There's got to be. That's the way a Verizon store associate would try to fix a phone.
    03-06-2011 04:25 PM
    Well question my ethics if you will but it was under warranty and I want my phone back lol. I have "bad mojo" about sending out a rooted phone booting with a custom ROM. Touchscreen working or not.
    Here you go, look at box option 5...it gives you instructions to un-root and install stock ROM onto your phone using RSD Lite.

Box Option 5: SBF to root and to unroot - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
    03-06-2011 07:57 PM
    Thanks guys worked like a charm! Appreciate the help!
    03-06-2011 09:59 PM
    Thanks guys worked like a charm! Appreciate the help!
    please hit the Thanks button, thanks.
    03-06-2011 10:12 PM
    please hit the Thanks button, thanks.
    I did it for him
    scarryman04 likes this.
    03-07-2011 09:32 AM
    haha thanks man
    03-07-2011 12:07 PM
    I also thanked you cause I'm sure I'll use that at some point.
    03-07-2011 03:32 PM
    I also thanked you cause I'm sure I'll use that at some point.
    Yeah, too bad I can't thank myself cuz I'll prolly use it too haha
    03-08-2011 09:51 AM
    Motorola Droid X SBF Download With Drivers in package - Here [SBF FLASH]
    Note: 1. You Lose root. 2. Build .604
    Instructions (Linux)
    1. Unzip the SBF and place VRZ_MB810_1.13.6.2_1FF_01.sbf and sbf_flash in the downloads folder
    2. Put the Droid X in bootloader and connect it via usb.
    3. Open a terminal window.
    4.Change your directory: CD Downloads
    5. Then type: ./sbf_flash VRZ_MB810_1.13.6.2_1FF_01.sbf
    6. Wait and finish!
    Windows Instructions
    1. Download these files:
    RSD Lite
    32Bit Drivers or 64Bit Drivers are with the sbf above.
    SBF (Zipped)
    Credit to MyDroidWorld for RSD Lite.
    SBF INSTRUCTIONS: Install the RSDLite 4.7 program by double clicking on the program.
    Move the pst_flash.ini file into the following folder --> Program Files/Motorola/RSDLite
    2. Install the drivers that apply to your Operating System.
    3. Unzip the SBF into a folder.
    4. Open RSD Lite and find the UNZIPPED SBF
    5. Put your Motorola Droid X in bootloader mode. Now connect the Droid X via usb.
    6. Click start and sit back.
    PLEASE LET US KNOW IF THIS DOESN'T WORK, Go to the contact us page or here for support on the SBF. Thank you!
    06-01-2011 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD