03-25-2011 01:10 PM
56 123
tools
    I don't think that text issue is the same one. This seems random and frequent. I almost got fired on Monday because I didn't send/receive texts or calls properly.

I really don't want to revert back to 6.1.2!
    03-24-2011 02:32 PM
    Was there an ETA on a final CM7 or should I just go for the RC right now?
    03-24-2011 02:55 PM
    No word on ETA for final build or even the next RC. You could go with RC2, it's really stable and ready to use.
    03-24-2011 08:03 PM
    It was CM7. The droid runs out of memory so fast that it begins killing tasks/processes/services.
    The messaging app happens to be one of them. Locking it in the memory helps, but will still miss a txt every once in a while.
    Same goes for calls.
    I ended up reverting back to CM6 because CM7 is still too unstable for my liking :/

I couldn't play music. It would play MAYBE a song and then stop playing. Even if I didn't have anything running in the background.
    Really a pain. CM6 is much more stable (and faster) than GB.
    03-25-2011 06:06 AM
    It was CM7. The droid runs out of memory so fast that it begins killing tasks/processes/services.
    The messaging app happens to be one of them. Locking it in the memory helps, but will still miss a txt every once in a while.
    Same goes for calls.
    I ended up reverting back to CM6 because CM7 is still too unstable for my liking :/

I couldn't play music. It would play MAYBE a song and then stop playing. Even if I didn't have anything running in the background.
    Really a pain. CM6 is much more stable (and faster) than GB.
    Peter Alfonso has completely fixed the Gingerbread excessive killing in his new GPA14. It may be stock, but I haven't had a single problem with music stopping or skipping, I haven't had any SMS problems at all, and I even haven't had a single redraw. Its not just me either, Pete has declared that GPA14 makes the Droid the same multitasking beast that it was before. Apparently he made some vital changes to the ROM. Anyways, if anyone is really bent on Gingerbread, Pete's new ROM is near flawless. Hopefully he will communicate his changes to other devs so they could implement this fix into their ROMS.
    03-25-2011 08:59 AM
    Peter Alfonso has completely fixed the Gingerbread excessive killing in his new GPA14. It may be stock, but I haven't had a single problem with music stopping or skipping, I haven't had any SMS problems at all, and I even haven't had a single redraw. Its not just me either, Pete has declared that GPA14 makes the Droid the same multitasking beast that it was before. Apparently he made some vital changes to the ROM. Anyways, if anyone is really bent on Gingerbread, Pete's new ROM is near flawless. Hopefully he will communicate his changes to other devs so they could implement this fix into their ROMS.
    Thats awesome to hear man. Might give it a try later
    03-25-2011 01:10 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD