First CM7 RC has Landed for the Droid!!!

boyer61

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Geolocation is not working for CM7. Thats the only thing i can find wrong with it. I always wanted just the clock on the homescreen, and not the clock and the weather. lol

gilligan156

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine is pretty stable, BUT -

My home screen lags horribly. Almost every time I hit the home button to get out of any app, my phone has to reload the launcher. The whole screen turns black except the notification shade for about 2-3 seconds, then my background loads, then my shortcuts, and then finally my clock widget at the top. Then it runs slow for 5-10 seconds, and if I open the app tray it has to repopulate the icons in the app tray.

I'm using LauncherPro, but it does the same thing with ADWLauncher. My CM6.2 or whatever it was didn't do this. We installed CM7 on my girl's, and hers is doing the same thing.

It's really, really frustrating and while I love EVERYTHING about gingerbread - especially the locking animation - if I can't fix this I'm flashing back. I can't handle how slow it is trying to reload the home screen.

Any ideas?

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
From time to time I've had that same problem with LP. Give it time, we're still not to a final release, this is just an RC. I expect things like this to be pretty well ironed out for the final.

boyer61

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
This release is working perfectly for me. Besides the geolocation deal but I can live with that

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

gilligan156

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
From time to time I've had that same problem with LP. Give it time, we're still not to a final release, this is just an RC. I expect things like this to be pretty well ironed out for the final.

Yeah, I've had it before but its been a long time. And if it were just launcherpro I'd use ADW, buuut it's both :/

I even turned on the "lock in memory" option and it still doesn't work right. Meh, any ideas? Any tweaks I can do?

Is noone else's doing this?

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I've had it before but its been a long time. And if it were just launcherpro I'd use ADW, buuut it's both :/

I even turned on the "lock in memory" option and it still doesn't work right. Meh, any ideas? Any tweaks I can do?

Loading a custom kernel has made it work great for me. It was the Cyanogen kernel clocked to 800MHz that I experienced that problem with.

I am currently running Chevy No. 1 ultra low voltage, 1.2GHz kernel. I run it at 1GHz typically and haven't had the laggy/force close launcher issue.

gilligan156

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Loading a custom kernel has made it work great for me. It was the Cyanogen kernel clocked to 800MHz that I experienced that problem with.

I am currently running Chevy No. 1 ultra low voltage, 1.2GHz kernel. I run it at 1GHz typically and haven't had the laggy/force close launcher issue.

Should I download the ultra low voltage 1.0 ghz, or the ultra low voltage 1.2 ghz and adjust it with setcpu? I've never changed my kernel.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Should I download the ultra low voltage 1.0 ghz, or the ultra low voltage 1.2 ghz and adjust it with setcpu? I've never changed my kernel.
The numbers indicate the cap. You can use either, just adjust it with setcpu. If it's unstable, load the low voltage version.

Flashing a kernel is just as easy as a ROM.

Put it on the root of the SD card, reboot into recovery, and install zip!

Reactions: gilligan156

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

In your AWD Settings go to system preferences/ homescreen orientation/ and choose portrait, this has helped me tremendously because it is always in portrait so you never have that lag time if your phone is a little bit sideways and your phone tries to load in landscape mode.

racermech

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Trying to do my first root and I am having an issue. Following this link

Motorola Droid: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

I get to these instructions
# Open the RSD Lite program by right clicking it and selecting Run As Administrator.
# Click on the "..." button next to the filename box and select the .sbf file.
# Once it is selected, hit Start and wait for it to finish flashing the device.

When I click... I find the sbf (named MC1_A855_1282081087_Recovery-Only_SPRecovery_0.99.3b but I can not click start.

What am I missing??

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

# Open the RSD Lite program by right clicking it and selecting Run As Administrator.

When I click... I find the sbf (named MC1_A855_1282081087_Recovery-Only_SPRecovery_0.99.3b but I can not click start.

What am I missing??

You didn't extract the SBF...it should be named MC1_A855_1282081087_Recovery-Only_SPRecovery_0.99.3b.SBF

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

What am I missing??

Are you trying to root or return the phone to its original state?

racermech

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
You didn't extract the SBF...it should be named MC1_A855_1282081087_Recovery-Only_SPRecovery_0.99.3b.SBF

Extract?? The file is sitting in a folder on my desktop, same name. Type is listed as SBF File (not zip or rar) with a size of 3751KB.

I have since done super 1 click and got everything running, but this was still bugging me as to why I could not get the root to work this way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome