First CM7 RC has Landed for the Droid!!!

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
In mid-February the first round of RC's (release candidates) popped up for CM7 on some devices. However, the Droid was not one of those.

Finally today the second round, RC2, has hit for several devices and this time includes our beloved Droid. I know there aren't a ton of people on this forum that still run the Droid, but for those of us that do, we can do a bit of a happy dance today.

Checkout the link and download cm-7.0.0-RC2.

CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution

Reactions: scarryman04

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
We skipped RC1 and went straight to RC2!

...That don't seem right. At least call RC2 RC1 for the sake of us OCD-types.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
In mid-February the first round of RC's (release candidates) popped up for CM7 on some devices. However, the Droid was not one of those.

Finally today the second round, RC2, has hit for several devices and this time includes our beloved Droid. I know there aren't a ton of people on this forum that still run the Droid, but for those of us that do, we can do a bit of a happy dance today.

Checkout the link and download cm-7.0.0-RC2.

CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution

Thanks, I would of just got this from ROM Manager but since I had to get a new phone and paid through Paypal and Koush won't reply to anything I send him, all I can get is the free version...*frustration*

PS. I will never support Koush again...terrible dev in my opinion!

Drew Galyen

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
I woke up this morning and thought I was the first one to see this! I know there are still plenty of people rocking the Droid. Can't wait to flash this.

Sploinkin

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have a link to the latest gapps handy? I've always used Rom manager to auto download it but not this time.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have a link to the latest gapps handy? I've always used Rom manager to auto download it but not this time.

If you have auto downloaded it before its aready on your SD card in the clockworkmod/download/goo-insede.me/google-apps then the zip file finally.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I would of just got this from ROM Manager but since I had to get a new phone and paid through Paypal and Koush won't reply to anything I send him, all I can get is the free version...*frustration*

PS. I will never support Koush again...terrible dev in my opinion!

I didn't get the update notification in ROM Manager. It would notify me of nightly build updates, but not that the RC was available. I think it looks for the next-in-line of whatever you're currently running. I don't anticipate my ROM Manager alerting me to a new nightly while I'm running RC2.

As many apps as Koush has under his belt, I'd give it time if you haven't already. Hell, he changed the icon back in 24hrs when a bunch of users left comments on ROM Manager. He's actually one of the more attentive devs I've seen.

In fact, if it weren't for Koush, you wouldn't have CM7 for your Droid. He's one of the 3 or so maintaining devs for CM on the Droid.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I didn't get the update notification in ROM Manager. It would notify me of nightly build updates, but not that the RC was available. I think it looks for the next-in-line of whatever you're currently running. I don't anticipate my ROM Manager alerting me to a new nightly while I'm running RC2.

As many apps as Koush has under his belt, I'd give it time if you haven't already. Hell, he changed the icon back in 24hrs when a bunch of users left comments on ROM Manager. He's actually one of the more attentive devs I've seen.

In fact, if it weren't for Koush, you wouldn't have CM7 for your Droid. He's one of the 3 or so maintaining devs for CM on the Droid.

Yeah, it is in the free Cyanogen folder not the nightly build folder.

I gave him time...he tweets multiple times a day and I tweet him 5 min later and he never replies, and no replies on email.

And regarding the icon, what a bunch of D-bags...I liked the new icon personally, and how lame is that to cry about a icon lolz

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
It's awesome! I can't wait for the stable release, but this one is perfect! The new GB style is amazing, and the ROM is running smooth as ice!

Love it!

boyer61

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
One problem im having, Beautiful widgets can't geolocate me for my weather. although maps and latitude is showing my exact spot?

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I installed it on my sister's bf's Droid and he loves it. He also has no idea what root is aside that it will void warranty but he has no complaints.

It seems like CM7 is the most stable CM rom to date? I never liked any of the previous versions on my droid (always experienced slow home-screen refreshes) and didn't like 6.1 on the DInc. Now I don't use any other rom other than cm7.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss