Rooting Problem

samsamoa

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey All!

I heard about the new CyanogenMod for the original droid and started following these instructions (for Mac):
Main Page - CyanogenMod Wiki

Unfortunately after installing SPRecovery I can no longer boot into recovery! I just get a big exclamation point in a triangle. I'm rather worried about this and am trying to figure out how to get back to the original recovery, or get cyanogen mod to work. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Sam

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The big exclamation point in the middle of the triangle is the stock recovery, just reroot your phone or re-flash a recovery, I suggest simply downloading ROM Manager from the market. From there you can flash Clockwork recovery and DL and install CyanogenMod7 RC2 even with the free app.

samsamoa

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! I have not ever rooted my phone, though, so I don't think I can use ROM manager. I thought that in stock recovery I got the big exclamation point, but also a little menu allowing me to flash the new update.zip. Mine has no menu - just the exclamation point. Where would I find a recovery to re-flash with (other than the evidently broken one I just got)?

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You have to be rooted to have a custom recovery/ROM.

But to get to the options you press volume up & camera simultaneously in your stock recovery, when you see the triangle.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
No, that should work...but you have to be rooted first to install a custom recovery, it is worded kinda odd though, cuz it says Rooting droid then how to install a recovery only.

So do the "Flashing the rooted Android 2.2 ROM" steps first, then do the "Installing Clockwork recovery" steps directly underneath it (easy method).

Then you can download and install CyanogenMod 7 afterwards via ROM Manager.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae