Got some noob questions

Dopey#AC

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
ok so ive been seeing a bunch of cool stuff lately about the droid and heres what i want to know:

1. I read some stuff about overclocking the droid but i didnt understand the process of how you do it. Is that a new rom they are using to overclock it? if i do this will it overwrite my current custom rom? Heres the site: Http: //alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=312&t=1637

2. What roms so far are being built on 2.1 for the droid? I know 2.1 has been leaked but i was wondering if there are any like cyanogen or smoked glass that are gonna have all the features of 2.1 like the cube app list and gallery stuff

3. I want to overclock my droid to 8-900mhz, install the OTA 2.1 update that is supposedly coming out this week, and then root it and install a cool rom that isnt going to sacrifice the new features i got from the 2.1 update.

Help is much appreciated. I have so much going on right now that all the articles i read on this stuff start to run together and i get confused.

korp#IM

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
1. If you have done all the steps and have a rom already on your phone, OC is possible. You need to download an app called 'SetCPU' from the marketplace ($1). Then launch the app, when it asks what your device is ... pick auto detect (not droid), and then select the speed you want.

2. Smoked Glass actually comes with the 2.1 launcher customized and sholes has just the stock 2.1 launcher, both have multi touch browser and gallery.

3. You have to make sure the roms are compatible .... people running 2.1 right now as far as I know are unable to install the roms built for 2.0.1.

Dopey#AC

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I thought the market place's overclock app only allowed you to get like an extra 50mhz? Or will the app allow you to increase the speed if you have root permisions and a custom rom