02-15-2010 05:05 PM
168 ... 34567
tools
    Wait a few mins and if it doesn't work ho into backup/restore and do a simple nandroid backup once it finishes that back out to the main menu with the power button then wipe data and try and flash iT again. But while your doing that hope over to alldroid and download bugless beast. Ill tell you how to put that in your phone from recovery if the other things don't work
    I'm getting brave -- what're the main advantages of bugless VS sholes2.0.3?

I can't even find anything wrong with sholes that would make me look for alternatives, but I keep reading bugless beast is the bee's knee's.

Assume I just download the rom, place it in the appropriate directory, reboot into recovery mode and install from there?
    02-11-2010 01:22 PM
    it keeps on snagging at the nandroid backup part.. I get an error32 then it goes ahead finished the installation.

I went back into sprecovery mode / selected install (with wipe) / finished it then selected reboot. It went to the logo screen. -- fine, I'll wait a few minutes. Now, it's been on the logo screen for a few minutes. but, every once in a while the screen sort of goes black and flashes and then the logo reappears. so, it's definitely doing SOMETHING. In the past the logo just stayed there and it did nothing -- now it keeps going black then grey and the logo is going on and off -- is this progress?
    02-11-2010 01:29 PM
    AllDroid - View topic - [ROM] Bugless Beast V0.7.5 (2/10/10)
    Download the update zip and place it on the root of your sdcard.
    If your phone wont boot you can do this from the recovery menu
    choose mount options then turn on USB mass storage mode can't think of the term but its the bottom option
    With the phone connected to your comp just drop the update zip in the root of your sdcard and turn off USB mass storage
    Now blackouts of that and choose install
    Allow installation of updatezip
    Install update zip this should help hopefully
    02-11-2010 01:42 PM
    I'm getting brave -- what're the main advantages of bugless VS sholes2.0.3?

I can't even find anything wrong with sholes that would make me look for alternatives, but I keep reading bugless beast is the bee's knee's.

Assume I just download the rom, place it in the appropriate directory, reboot into recovery mode and install from there?
    The differences are small but some people love BBC some love sholes their both great but bb has almost no bugs and runs like stock just faster
    02-11-2010 01:44 PM
    The differences are small but some people love BBC some love sholes their both great but bb has almost no bugs and runs like stock just faster
    Sounds like if I'm having no issues w/ Sholes, I probably shouldn't bother trying out BB?
    02-11-2010 02:10 PM
    Sounds like if I'm having no issues w/ Sholes, I probably shouldn't bother trying out BB?
    Pretty much
    02-11-2010 02:16 PM
    Right now bugless beast 0.7.5 has an overclock issue...not major but when connected to a wall charger the profile is not recognized and the cpu stays clocked at 800mhz. Other than that it runs and looks great
    02-11-2010 02:46 PM
    Right now bugless beast 0.7.5 has an overclock issue...not major but when connected to a wall charger the profile is not recognized and the cpu stays clocked at 800mhz. Other than that it runs and looks great
    curious -- what kind of profiles does everyone have set up?

Is there already a thread for this?
    02-11-2010 02:48 PM
    Thanks for all the help in this thread everyone!

I am having a problem running the Sholes rom-- every once in a while when I click 'Home', the home screen will just be blank... I have to move around a bit or click home again for all my icons/widgets to show up. No biggie, just wondering if anyone knew why this was going on...
    02-11-2010 04:39 PM
    Also, even though I have AutoDetect selected along with 800mhz in the SetCPU app, the widget still shows 550mhz... Am I missing something here?
    02-11-2010 04:58 PM
    Wow! What a frickin' nightmare that was. I think there was a problem with the SD card. I formatted it, erased everything (it was all backed up on PC) did complete wipe / restore, uninstalled and reinstalled sholes and....

I am now rooted running 2.0.3 and overclocked to 800. Phew! I thought I bricked it for sure. Thanks for your help everyone.
    02-11-2010 05:06 PM
    I bought my Droid three weeks ago and rooted/overclocked to 800MHz nearly two weeks ago. This is the way my Droid should have run out of the box. BTW, I'm using BB 0.7.2 which is awesome!
    02-11-2010 05:27 PM
    Also, even though I have AutoDetect selected along with 800mhz in the SetCPU app, the widget still shows 550mhz... Am I missing something here?
    When i turn on my phone the widget will show 550mhz... if i click on the widget and click restart it will be at 800mhz

I rooted using sholes and installes the 2.0.3 and am overclocked to 800mhz and absolutely love it+the smoked glass theme, couldn't ask for more it's the way the droid should be run
    02-11-2010 05:53 PM
    well, I need everyone's help again...

I just rooted. I can't mount my SD card. I'm using home++. I recently re-formatted the card and wiped it. Now, I can't get it to mount. I plug in and the battery doesn't even show that it's charging.

any ideas?
    02-11-2010 08:20 PM
    somewhere in my travels last night i saw a forum post that indicated you need to download drivers from motorola...

this one maybe?

Question about sholes and my drivers - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
    02-11-2010 08:51 PM
    somewhere in my travels last night i saw a forum post that indicated you need to download drivers from motorola...

this one maybe?

Question about sholes and my drivers - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
    well, the plot thickens... I unplugged the USB cable from my PC. I plugged the cord into the wall socket and it IS charging. When I reboot the device with the usb attached tot he PC I see the message pop up real quick that says "preparing SD card" -- so, it does recognize the card - i just can't mount it.
    02-11-2010 08:59 PM
    oh, by the way, I DID download and install the USB drivers from the motorola site onto my PC
    02-11-2010 09:05 PM
    try turning the phone off taking the sdcard out of the phone then putting it back in reboot your phone and tell me if that works i had the same issue thats what i did
    02-11-2010 10:15 PM
    try turning the phone off taking the sdcard out of the phone then putting it back in reboot your phone and tell me if that works i had the same issue thats what i did
    nope. still not there.
    02-11-2010 10:42 PM
    do you have another micro sdcard dont know if its just that sdcard or you have something wrong with your phone. what rom are you running now and you cant mount your card to the computer or phone
    02-11-2010 10:46 PM
    I pulled out the SD card out of my blackberry and it wouldn't mount that either. So, I screwed something up. I'm running sholes 2.0.3
    02-11-2010 11:06 PM
    Yes you did and does it see your sdcard while in the recovery menu. Sorry for all the questions just haven't run into this yet. But best bet wipe that bad boy and take it into Verizon
    And will the sm updater take you back to stock
    02-11-2010 11:27 PM
    Yes you did and does it see your sdcard while in the recovery menu. Sorry for all the questions just haven't run into this yet. But best bet wipe that bad boy and take it into Verizon
    wipe the SD card? or the whole darn phone?
    02-11-2010 11:30 PM
    wipe the SD card? or the whole darn phone?
    Try and use the am updater to take you back to stock. Or reboot into recovery and see if you have anything in your advanced restore subfolder
    02-11-2010 11:33 PM
    that's strange. I'm having a difficult time rebooting into recovery mode. you hold down "x" on keypad wile it's on the motorola logo, right?
    02-11-2010 11:38 PM
168 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD