Rooted and Overclocked, AMAZING!

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Wait a few mins and if it doesn't work ho into backup/restore and do a simple nandroid backup once it finishes that back out to the main menu with the power button then wipe data and try and flash iT again. But while your doing that hope over to alldroid and download bugless beast. Ill tell you how to put that in your phone from recovery if the other things don't work

I'm getting brave -- what're the main advantages of bugless VS sholes2.0.3?

I can't even find anything wrong with sholes that would make me look for alternatives, but I keep reading bugless beast is the bee's knee's.

Assume I just download the rom, place it in the appropriate directory, reboot into recovery mode and install from there?

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
it keeps on snagging at the nandroid backup part.. I get an error32 then it goes ahead finished the installation.

I went back into sprecovery mode / selected install (with wipe) / finished it then selected reboot. It went to the logo screen. -- fine, I'll wait a few minutes. Now, it's been on the logo screen for a few minutes. but, every once in a while the screen sort of goes black and flashes and then the logo reappears. so, it's definitely doing SOMETHING. In the past the logo just stayed there and it did nothing -- now it keeps going black then grey and the logo is going on and off -- is this progress?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
AllDroid - View topic - [ROM] Bugless Beast V0.7.5 (2/10/10)
Download the update zip and place it on the root of your sdcard.
If your phone wont boot you can do this from the recovery menu
choose mount options then turn on USB mass storage mode can't think of the term but its the bottom option
With the phone connected to your comp just drop the update zip in the root of your sdcard and turn off USB mass storage
Now blackouts of that and choose install
Allow installation of updatezip
Install update zip this should help hopefully

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm getting brave -- what're the main advantages of bugless VS sholes2.0.3?

I can't even find anything wrong with sholes that would make me look for alternatives, but I keep reading bugless beast is the bee's knee's.

Assume I just download the rom, place it in the appropriate directory, reboot into recovery mode and install from there?

The differences are small but some people love BBC some love sholes their both great but bb has almost no bugs and runs like stock just faster

bronco221

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Right now bugless beast 0.7.5 has an overclock issue...not major but when connected to a wall charger the profile is not recognized and the cpu stays clocked at 800mhz. Other than that it runs and looks great

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Right now bugless beast 0.7.5 has an overclock issue...not major but when connected to a wall charger the profile is not recognized and the cpu stays clocked at 800mhz. Other than that it runs and looks great

curious -- what kind of profiles does everyone have set up?

Is there already a thread for this?

ali.fazal

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all the help in this thread everyone!

I am having a problem running the Sholes rom-- every once in a while when I click 'Home', the home screen will just be blank... I have to move around a bit or click home again for all my icons/widgets to show up. No biggie, just wondering if anyone knew why this was going on...

ali.fazal

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Also, even though I have AutoDetect selected along with 800mhz in the SetCPU app, the widget still shows 550mhz... Am I missing something here?

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Wow! What a frickin' nightmare that was. I think there was a problem with the SD card. I formatted it, erased everything (it was all backed up on PC) did complete wipe / restore, uninstalled and reinstalled sholes and....

I am now rooted running 2.0.3 and overclocked to 800. Phew! I thought I bricked it for sure. Thanks for your help everyone.

dman91

Banned
Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I bought my Droid three weeks ago and rooted/overclocked to 800MHz nearly two weeks ago. This is the way my Droid should have run out of the box. BTW, I'm using BB 0.7.2 which is awesome!:cool:

mostendorf34

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Also, even though I have AutoDetect selected along with 800mhz in the SetCPU app, the widget still shows 550mhz... Am I missing something here?

When i turn on my phone the widget will show 550mhz... if i click on the widget and click restart it will be at 800mhz

I rooted using sholes and installes the 2.0.3 and am overclocked to 800mhz and absolutely love it+the smoked glass theme, couldn't ask for more it's the way the droid should be run

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
well, I need everyone's help again...

I just rooted. I can't mount my SD card. I'm using home++. I recently re-formatted the card and wiped it. Now, I can't get it to mount. I plug in and the battery doesn't even show that it's charging.

any ideas?

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
somewhere in my travels last night i saw a forum post that indicated you need to download drivers from motorola...

this one maybe?

Question about sholes and my drivers - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

well, the plot thickens... I unplugged the USB cable from my PC. I plugged the cord into the wall socket and it IS charging. When I reboot the device with the usb attached tot he PC I see the message pop up real quick that says "preparing SD card" -- so, it does recognize the card - i just can't mount it.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
try turning the phone off taking the sdcard out of the phone then putting it back in reboot your phone and tell me if that works i had the same issue thats what i did

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
do you have another micro sdcard dont know if its just that sdcard or you have something wrong with your phone. what rom are you running now and you cant mount your card to the computer or phone

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams