changing boot animation

ips

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I should be able to instal the apaks with astro like I did wiht the 2.1 app drawer before I rooted, there must be a problem with the file now or something because I dont see why I couldint instal it with any of the file managers in the market. Any ideas on fixing the issues with my terminal based on the code I posted on the first page and the results I got?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I would use root explorer and make sure you hit Mount R/W before you try to install the apk, I don't think you can install using astro but not positive.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Ok forget what I just said and use root explorer and long press and select copy on the apk on your sdcard then go to /system/media and paste the apk (you will also have to hit Mount R/W first thing) it should then ask if you want to replace the current boot and just say yes the restart to test.

ips

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
No matter what I do, the boot animation is replaced with a blank screen.

EDIT: I dont know if this has anything to do with the problem but when i dl the file it unzips because of the unarchiver but I rezip it using yemuzip.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
actually the aspect ratio is compromised, the original one was having 995 x 600 but the new one that i have put in has 400 x 800.. i think this caused the problem, is there any way out, i am stuck here, help please