Sholes Mod Updater

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Use the Sholes Mod Updater to work you through rooting, creating recovery and flashing, and then follow these steps.

-Update (if available) all of your apps before installing
-Backup any files you wish to restore, this will wipe /data
-Extract the files from the archive using WinRAR or a similar program
-Place the extracted folder (the ROM) into the "nandroid" folder on your sdcard
-Reboot into recovery mode
-Wipe data/factory reset
-Wipe cache partition
-Backup/Restore
-Advanced Nandroid Restore
-Choose backup (select the ROM)
-Perform Restore
-Reboot

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Your best bet is to download astro from the market and use the tools option to backup your apps. So once you restore the only thing that you need to download from the market is astro and gut restore your Alps from that. It o much quicker that way

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Your best bet is to download astro from the market and use the tools option to backup your apps. So once you restore the only thing that you need to download from the market is astro and gut restore your Alps from that. It o much quicker that way

I have read that doing this will not allow Marketplace to realize the app is installed, which means you will not be notified of updates. Anyone know any truth to that?

geeanywhere

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Use the Sholes Mod Updater to work you through rooting, creating recovery and flashing, and then follow these steps.

-Update (if available) all of your apps before installing
-Backup any files you wish to restore, this will wipe /data
-Extract the files from the archive using WinRAR or a similar program
-Place the extracted folder (the ROM) into the "nandroid" folder on your sdcard
-Reboot into recovery mode
-Wipe data/factory reset
-Wipe cache partition
-Backup/Restore
-Advanced Nandroid Restore
-Choose backup (select the ROM)
-Perform Restore
-Reboot

Well did you do the whole process and walk through of the Sholes Mod Updater, including creating the recovery and flashing to the Sholes ROM>

I followed the direction you posted. Did I forget something??

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Well I posted those in assuming (my fault) you have completely run the Sholes Mod Updater and flashed to one of the sholes roms options. Have you?

If so, have you downloaded the rom you wish to install, unzipped it and placed it in the nandroid folder in the root of your SD?

kinglord

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
My apps were all still there, as I only flashed system and boot. Go to the original site I showed abdominal follow all twenty steps, its perfect!

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
They should each be in a folder. with funky file names. and each folder contains 4 files in it, be sure when you do the advanced nandroid restore you select the correct one...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze