Best Root Apps

deersnypr

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Just rooted and put sholes 2.0.6 on my droid. So far so good...

What would you say are the best root apps to have?

Obviously the SetCPU is a must, tethering too, temp monitor, terminal emulator... any other suggestions of apps I should get now that I'm rooted and custom ROMed. I kind of put doing this off so got behind the game on what's out there.

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
AdFree Android - remove ad's
LEDs Hack .. nice for bedside clock (turns off leds while docked)
Backup for Root users - Nice!
drocap2 - screen capture
SetCPU
DroidRootHelper

Last edited:

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Just a +1 to the following root apps..

adfree
setcpu
cachemate

I like "ShootMe" for screen captures.

I like "BatteryLife" for overclock info in a widget - gives temp and % of charge in a nifty widget. I use that in conjunction with "OverclockWidget" which has a tiny 1x1 display showing what frequency you're currently running.

I use batterylife, setcpu, and overclockwidget -- all 3 in a row on my home screen and have a plethora of battery info at a glance.

FriFeb19142756AmericaDenver2010.png

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Oh the temp monitor in conjunction with taz's new kernels and t3hsteves kernels show the temperature directly off the processor which I'd great. Better than monitoring the battery you can really monitor your temps and it displays it in the notification panel
Any other ? Just ask

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
It all depends ob your phone, your environment and your usage I would say try and keep your proccesor at or bellow 45c thought 42 is my charging temp at 600mhz

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I guess it is very different from one device up another. I charge at 34? I didn't think it would be that drastic of a difference. well, regards of the actual number, if I se a huge spike in cpu temp - what should I do?

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
i have a question. the app that was mentioned, cachemate, when using that do you see a significant difference in memory or even speed. just was curious because i looked it up in the market but it only describes the features instead of improvements that can be seen with it

bhollar

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Just a +1 to the following root apps..

adfree
setcpu
cachemate

I like "ShootMe" for screen captures.

I like "BatteryLife" for overclock info in a widget - gives temp and % of charge in a nifty widget. I use that in conjunction with "OverclockWidget" which has a tiny 1x1 display showing what frequency you're currently running.

I use batterylife, setcpu, and overclockwidget -- all 3 in a row on my home screen and have a plethora of battery info at a glance.

FriFeb19142756AmericaDenver2010.png

How can I get that clock and weather widget you have?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty