great 2.1 rom

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I wonder why you got those issues. Do you the virgin 2.01 if so load that wipe data then load. 2

Well after the 3.7 update I thought I would try this rom again and taking your advice it worked with no problems. The only thing I notice which I'm sure you have seen is sliding open the keyboard unlocks the phone beside that its fast and smooth.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I currently have DroidMod 1.0 rom on my phone but I want to give some other roms a shot. How do I go about doing that when I already have Droidmod on it? Any helps appreciated!!

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Simply download the rom, place it in the nandroid folder on your sdcard. Reboot into recovery
make a nandroid backup, and do an advanced nandroid restore choosing the ultimate Rom.
You may want to wipe data prior to restoring to this one. And make sure when you download it you pull age contents out of the zip and place those in you nandroid folder

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Simply download the rom, place it in the nandroid folder on your sdcard. Reboot into recovery
make a nandroid backup, and do an advanced nandroid restore choosing the ultimate Rom.
You may want to wipe data prior to restoring to this one. And make sure when you download it you pull age contents out of the zip and place those in you nandroid folder

For the Smoked Glass Rom, it says I must install ""--- SPRecovery 0.99.2b is required.. please visit Sholes.info for Installation. ---""

I have DroidMod on my phone so must I still install this recovery file before I install smoked glass onto my phone? Either way, the link to the file is broken. Id like to try this rom out but unsure if I can

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If it installed 99.3b your fine it will loss that Rom for you tests what Im using you just can't use anything pre 99.2b

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Are you running the droidmod Rom if you are the app flashed recovery image 99.3b. The only difference between 2b and 3b is 3b allows the app access to flash their Rom.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Are you running the droidmod Rom if you are the app flashed recovery image 99.3b. The only difference between 2b and 3b is 3b allows the app access to flash their Rom.

Yes, I installed DroidMod yesterday but looking to try some other Roms before I settle on one. Smoked Glass looks nice. The theme and how the layout of the screens buttons are looks nice.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Ok if you flashed their Rom then follow the right up the dev made for smoked glass and flash away no need to revert to 99.2b

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Ok its a nandroid back up so just download it and extract the contents of the folder. IT should be a folder inside that folder should have files like system, boot, data, etc. Take that folder and place it in the nandroid folder on your sdcard. ONCE that's done reboot into recovery, select backup/restore do a nandroid backup the advanced nandroid restore. Choose the file you put in your nandroid folder. Once done it will backup a screen and show you boot recovery etc select everything then restore. ONCE done reboot the phone and your all good. If it reboot a few times go back into recovery wipe data cache and restore the Rom again

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I'M not saying you are just saying I hope I didn't write all that for nothing, but it gave me plenty of practice on the physical keyboard

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10