Rooted/Not Rooted/Not sure?

Rooted? Not Rooted? Not sure?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site

That guide looks rather easy and I just may finally be able to root it.

However, I have a quick question for everyone that has a Moto Droid. Before I root and rid the warranty, Ive never really never noticed until recently but when I press down along the left side of the screen and top of the screen my phone feels like its "lose". The right side does not feel that way. I was thinking of taking my phone in to see if its normal or not. Does anyone elses Droid feel lose or sorta press down along the left side of the screen or along the top when you press it? Sorta worried.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I'm recently rooted, i was gonna hold out for the 2.1 official, but with 2.1 delayed and DroidMod being so easy i made the jump. its superb, overall my performance feels smoother than on stock 2.0.1 which is a huge surprise to me. I feel like this is a doorway to me becoming addicted to my Droid much like i was with my BB. I probably wont update to 2.1 when it releases because they are trying to make it root proof. so i'll just stay on a custom ROM until root for Droid 2.1 is found. And in the meantime anything new that gets released will get added to all of the custom ROMs floating around anyway. so their is little to draw me back to official other than Warranty reasons. Way more customization with Rooted Droids. just look at screenshots of all the ROMs floating about.

Marine One#AC

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I really want to root and have been researching various mods, methods, etc for awhile now. I've been on the fence for a couple of weeks and am thinking that the link to the DroidMod tutorial in this thread is what's probably going to push me into rooting. My biggest reason for wanting to root is to be able to overclock, as I'm currently happy with the screen and apps that I've got loaded. I'm using Dolphin browser and B&B Gallery so I've got pinch to zoom. I just want the apps to run faster. Im the kind of guy who bought a flash tuner for a new Mustang GT before I had enough miles on the car for it to need it's first oil change. If there was an app or a widget that would let us overclock without rooting that would probably be all I'd need to be perfectly content with my droid.
I know that as soon as I root, 2.1 will come out the next day, OR my phone will malfunction afterwards and I won't be able to get it back to stock in order to get it replaced.
Having said that, the only other thing holding me back is that in my reading on the subject, it appears that no matter what ROM is discussed, it seems there is always some bug that keeps a stock feature from working properly after rooting. Small annoying stuff like the temperature won't display when the phone is in the charging cradle, or the music player doesn't work properly, or issues with google maps (which I use a lot), etc. This is probably the overriding issue that has caused me think twice about it.
I'd be very interested in hearing how this latest DMUpdater is working for first-time rooters.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Not rooted but was thinking about doing it until the prematurely "update coming this week" from Motorola. I was then going to again until Sholes was removed from the market.

Now I'm not sure what to do but hopefully the update will be soon in the quickest sense of the word.

I really don't mind the droid as is but I really want pinch zoom web browser and gallery, a better media player and improved battery life (it's not bad now but who doesn't want better)?

G

GenericMessage

To be honest..................I want live wall-papers..............and google earth.......yeah all the wrong reasons......but they're right for me! lol