Rooted/Not Rooted/Not sure?

Rooted? Not Rooted? Not sure?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
G

GenericMessage

Are you rooted, Not rooted, or not sure?

Say it here, and why for your choice.

I am just very intrigued by the rooting thing, so I thought this might be neat.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
rooted. at this point i feel with droidmod available there really isnt a reason for anybody to not be rooted or atleast experienced it.

mjesenovec

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Rooted.

DroidMod Updater. DroidMod 1.0. Live Wallpapers, 3D gallery, wifi tether, pinch zoom, 800mhz overclock. my question is...how can you NOT want to make your phone awesome? :)

simp_10

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Rooted. Have been using the Sholes/DroidMod roms for quite a while. The latest and greatest have been nothing but smooth and stable on my phone. Agree with others, the ease of rooting with DMUpdater is almost too easy compared to the first method I used to root.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Rooted but nothing else for now. I reverted back because I liked the appearance of the stock feel, now that its worked into other ROM's I may take em for a spin.

mjesenovec

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Rooted. Have been using the Sholes/DroidMod roms for quite a while. The latest and greatest have been nothing but smooth and stable on my phone. Agree with others, the ease of rooting with DMUpdater is almost too easy compared to the first method I used to root.

Agreed. You can root your phone in like 3 screeen presses, and 2 minutes. It's so easy, there's no reason not to anymore. unless you're 100% happy with the stock os (which really isn't bad) then you might not want to. Even if you dont overclock, the pinch zoom, wifi tether, 3d gallery, etc. make buying/using the app totally worth it.

Hoagie5252

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Agreed. You can root your phone in like 3 screeen presses, and 2 minutes. It's so easy, there's no reason not to anymore. unless you're 100% happy with the stock os (which really isn't bad) then you might not want to. Even if you dont overclock, the pinch zoom, wifi tether, 3d gallery, etc. make buying/using the app totally worth it.

Is that app back in the market?

ebruot

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Rooted. Mostly to run apps that require root, such as the app "LED Hacks" to turn off the four button lights at bottom while my phone is docked at night. The lights would pretty much light up half the room!

Last edited:

mjesenovec

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
You can probably pick it up at DroidMod...

BTW, not rooted (yet). For some reason, I have been waiting for the 2.1 update before rooting.

Then you'll just have to wait for 2.1 to be rooted.

Right. The only reason we CAN root now is because 2.0.1 was rooted. Rooting is OS version specific. It's like every time they update the iphone software, they have to wait for a new jailbreak version to come out.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I'd loooove to root IF I could. My Droid is stubborn and wont let me. I even had a friend of mine who has his rooted and he still couldnt get it to work. My phones just unrootable I guess :(

I have to wait for 2.1 OTA from Verizon and its taking friggin forever. Really dissapointing me in the terrible service droids are getting now that the N1 is out. Its like the Droid was put on the way way way backburner now :( Bullsh!t really.

luniz7

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Is that app back in the market?

I'd loooove to root IF I could. My Droid is stubborn and wont let me. I even had a friend of mine who has his rooted and he still couldnt get it to work. My phones just unrootable I guess :(

I have to wait for 2.1 OTA from Verizon and its taking friggin forever. Really dissapointing me in the terrible service droids are getting now that the N1 is out. Its like the Droid was put on the way way way backburner now :( Bullsh!t really.

see here for root, you will be able to root

Loading DroidMod Roms with DMupdater, Reflashing to Older Sholes/DroidMod Roms

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Its awesome. I'm carrying around Ultimate Droid and a 2.0 lockscreen, and showing off (a little too much, unfortunately).