DroidMod 1.0 Question

Marine One#AC

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Hey all. First post in this section.
I installed DroidMod last night. It was my first time rooting my phone. All went well, but I do have one question. When I now put my phone in the cradle, the temperature shows only celsius. I have both the 2.1 desk clock and the News & Weather Widget installed. I've gone in everywhere I can find to ensure that the right boxes are checked/unchecked to get the temp to show farenheit, but can't seem to make this happen. Otherwise everything is working just fine. I'm starting to wonder if I should go back in and uncheck the News & Weather Widget.
Any thoughts?

AllGood

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I've had the same issues with DM and Sholes. The weather app is in F but the dock app shows in C. Everything I've seen so far shows it set to display in F.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Then go and check the settings on the news and weather widget. I just verified with my phone the clock gets its weather setting from news and weather widget

R

Roy Aguilera

I also noticed that and removed the apk from system apps (and added the working one).
You could reinstall the rom without the news and weather and install the working one as an app.
Pretty easy.
or
manually remove it and install the correct one.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone sent the dev a note on this? They seem respoinsive and really plugged into the community using their product. I don't use docks. So, it's really not an issue for me. Someone with first hand knowledge should tell the dev.

Marine One#AC

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I also noticed that and removed the apk from system apps (and added the working one).
You could reinstall the rom without the news and weather and install the working one as an app.
Pretty easy.
or
manually remove it and install the correct one.

I'll probably reinstall w/o the news and weather. Any idea what the name of the app is?

R

Roy Aguilera

Its com.google.android.apps.genie.geniewidget
Version 1.1.24 RC17

R

Roy Aguilera

You need it to display the weather on the media dock. I have it installed but don't use the widget.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995