05-02-2010 10:42 AM
821 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    Why is it that I always have to wipe in order to upgrade this rom and have run smooth. That's probably the worst part about this rom.
    04-03-2010 02:30 PM
    Question. How many of you guys install the updates without wiping? Do you feel it is necessary?
    04-04-2010 12:53 PM
    Question. How many of you guys install the updates without wiping? Do you feel it is necessary?
    The very first rom I installed I did a complete wipe, but thats it. Not for the updates. Haven't had any bugs pop up as of yet.
    04-04-2010 01:53 PM
    Just a heads up to anyone who updates to Cyanogen 5.0.5.6, you will lose the 2.1 Launcher.
    04-04-2010 03:05 PM
    Is there a reason he removed it?
    04-04-2010 03:11 PM
    Is there a reason he removed it?
    I read on another board that it was too buggy for this update. I always thought it was buggy to begin with.
    04-04-2010 04:26 PM
    Idk. I might give it a a try and if I don't like it I can always revert back. I looked in the change log but I didn't see it listed.
    04-04-2010 04:28 PM
    I find that the stock app scroller is a lot smoother, but no where near as good looking. I'm not sure If I'm going to revert back to my last backup or not.

Android 2.1 Launcher Gone When Updated To 5.0.5.6? - CyanogenMod Forum
    04-04-2010 04:41 PM
    5.0.5.7 will fix the launcher 2 issue.
    04-04-2010 06:33 PM
    DA, seeing as I don't see 5.0.5.7 in rom manager i have a feeling you got your hands on another beta? or is this just common knowledge for what will be included in the next update? Ill probably wait till .7 comes out then to update it. i figure it will either be tonight or over the next day or 2. One thing i like about this rom is that if there is an Issue with the rom, Koush puts out a new update ASAP. the one thing that sucks is that there are way too many updates haha. everytime i check rom manager there is always somthing new. But then again updates are good and works out the kinks. I am wondering though that if Koush gets a 100% glitch/bug free rom out, will he stop with the updates or will he keep pushing out new, bigger, better? You have to respect sombody who devotes that much time to helping other people. I am assuming he isn't married because i would think his wife would have had his man-hood nailed to the wall at this point haha.
    04-04-2010 07:11 PM
    I upgraded to 5.0.5.6, and went back to 0.4 within 5 minutes. The small upgrades were not worth it to lose the 3D launcher. I as well will be waiting for 5.0.5.7.

Btw, the "Smoked Glass-esque" theme from ROM Manager is awesome.
    04-04-2010 10:30 PM
    anyone have any problems with the speaker phone after upgrading the radio? I used it a few times and when I turned it on it sounded like some heavy feedback for lack of any better word... also had some people not be able to hear me when on speaker phone... I have always had some complaints about me sounding bad on the other end, should I try to get it replaced? I have had this phone since day 1, is it too late?
    04-04-2010 10:38 PM
    Don't think your noise cancellation mic is working you may want to get it looked at never had an issue with feedback
    04-05-2010 12:21 AM
    Me either. From my (admittedly informal) testing, it sounds fine. You may have to upgrade the radio again (flash back to an older rom, and apply a new one, I believe), or it could just be coincidence.
    04-05-2010 10:06 AM
    Doesnt mattaer what rom you flash the baseband will be their you would have to sbf it to get the old baseband
    04-05-2010 10:51 AM
    DA, seeing as I don't see 5.0.5.7 in rom manager i have a feeling you got your hands on another beta? or is this just common knowledge for what will be included in the next update? Ill probably wait till .7 comes out then to update it. i figure it will either be tonight or over the next day or 2. One thing i like about this rom is that if there is an Issue with the rom, Koush puts out a new update ASAP. the one thing that sucks is that there are way too many updates haha. everytime i check rom manager there is always somthing new. But then again updates are good and works out the kinks. I am wondering though that if Koush gets a 100% glitch/bug free rom out, will he stop with the updates or will he keep pushing out new, bigger, better? You have to respect sombody who devotes that much time to helping other people. I am assuming he isn't married because i would think his wife would have had his man-hood nailed to the wall at this point haha.
    He (along with Chris S and Cyanogen) put in some work.
    The issue is with the latest render scripts that Google released.It is supposed to help speed up the phone however it also breaks launcher 2. We are on 5.0.5.7 test1 and although launcher 2 no longer fcs it still needs some work. It is somewhat broken in Landscape and when switching from landscape to portrait it gets buggy (wallpapers stop interacting for a few minutes) hopefully these issues get fixed and we have a fully working 5.0.5.7

Just in case you missed (anyone) what was added in 5.0.5.6.
    The idle percentage issue is fixed.
    Browser now shows ,gifs (moving avatars).
    The camera has way more options.
    Version now shows ESE81.
    04-05-2010 10:53 AM
    UGH!!! I am so impatient right now.
    04-05-2010 12:34 PM
    He (along with Chris S and Cyanogen) put in some work.
    The issue is with the latest render scripts that Google released.

Just in case you missed (anyone) what was added in 5.0.5.6.
    The idle percentage issue is fixed.
    Browser now shows ,gifs (moving avatars).
    The camera has way more options.
    Version now shows ESE81.
    Do you think if I do not wipe and upgrade to 5.0.5.6, that I can go to 0.7 without wiping again?

Also, any guesses on when 0.7 will be coming out?
    04-05-2010 12:48 PM
    Doesnt mattaer what rom you flash the baseband will be their you would have to sbf it to get the old baseband
    Ah, I didn't know the baseband was unaffected. Thanks for informing me
    04-05-2010 12:50 PM
    i just loaded 0.7 and it's not an OC'd? SetCPU see's it at 500Mhz. Hmmm maybe i'm doing something wrong.
    04-05-2010 03:10 PM
    Just flashed to 5.0.5.7 it was available on my rommanager list, I can't use launcher 2 FC loop, so i changed the settings by going into the settings using the slide out keyboard(and people say its worthless), I went back to using DxTop for the convenience buttons row.

New kernel only goes up to 600 Mhz so I need to install a different kernel... any suggestions? I want to be able to run at 1Gig...
    04-05-2010 03:15 PM
    Just flashed to 5.0.5.7 it was available on my rommanager list, I can't use launcher 2 FC loop, so i changed the settings by going into the settings using the slide out keyboard(and people say its worthless), I went back to using DxTop for the convenience buttons row.

New kernel only goes up to 600 Mhz so I need to install a different kernel... any suggestions? I want to be able to run at 1Gig...
    I would re download it because I can't get mine to force close its running smooth.

I like how you get 5 app's in a row on the application screen

I just tried the helix launcher2 and it would FC in a loop
    04-05-2010 03:34 PM
    UGH!!! I am so impatient right now.
    Hope you finally got it running
    Do you think if I do not wipe and upgrade to 5.0.5.6, that I can go to 0.7 without wiping again?

Also, any guesses on when 0.7 will be coming out?
    Nope no need. Its already out.
    i just loaded 0.7 and it's not an OC'd? SetCPU see's it at 500Mhz. Hmmm maybe i'm doing something wrong.
    If you go into Rom Manager>Download Rom>CyanogenMod>bekit Kernels you can pick an OC kernel.
    To avoid Fcs, Go into settings, Manage Apps, Menu, Filter, all, Launcher clear defaults, clear data.
    Download one of bekits kernels (Rom Manager>Download Rom>CyanogenMod>bekit Kernels )
    I would re download it because I can't get mine to force close its running smooth.

I like how you get 5 app's in a row on the application screen

I just tried the helix launcher2 and it would FC in a loop
    Helix needs to be updated to work with the latest source code released by google on the 30th. Looks like Ruqqq is not going to update it and is abandoning Helix.
    04-05-2010 04:07 PM
    Got it, thanks to Roy Aguilera

While still on 5.0.5.4

Applications>
    Manage Applications>
    Filter>
    All>
    Launcher>
    Clear Defaults>
    Clear Data

Complete action using: Launcher (Without default)

Load 5.0.5.7

When it gives you the options for {Home or Launcher} choose {Launcher} but don't set as default until you're sure there aren't any fc's.
    04-05-2010 05:02 PM
    Abandoning Helix? Why? It's such a nice app.
    04-05-2010 05:46 PM
821 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD