Problem with unrooting from CM 5.0.5

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I cannot remove Cyanogen 5.0.5. When I click on DM Updater, it goes to a screen that says "looks like your phone is rooted, but you have not given DM Updater access yet. You must check the remember box." I click the "check again" box, and it just stays there, doing nothing. I can get out of this by hitting the back button.
Someone said to install and run SPRecovery. I installed it, but when I click on it in Astro, it says "file type .img not found". I tried to run it in terminal, but it said .img not found.
I am at wit's end, as I have to return this phone, as I got a replacement.
HELP, please!

R

Roy Aguilera

Download this file.
Look for it on your droids sd card (downloads)
rename the file using astro to update.zip.
Move the file out of the downloads folder.
Drop the file in the sd card home (same place as the folders named DCIM and LOST DIR)
Reboot into recovery
clear cache
clear data
install update.zip
You are done.

Last edited:

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Worse case try the sbf it will get you back to stock but fully wipe your phone. And make sure you toggle signature verification off prior to installing it

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I hate to be a pain in the a**, but you have lost me. Maybe a step by step? Thanks for your help. I don't guess that fully wiping will matter, since it is going back to VZW.

R

Roy Aguilera

In recovery (guessing you have the clockwork recovery)
Go to "apply zip from sd card"
Toggle signature verification should be off
Toggle Script asserts should be off
apply sdcard:update.zip

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
No a full wipe won't matter. But reboot into recovery and install zip, toggle Sig verification, apply update zip

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Says "assert failed: !less_than_int(1259199777. getprop(ro.build.date.utc")
E: error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
If nothing works, you might want to try doing a nandroid restore to a previous rom, then go through DM updater to get back to stock.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I disabled signature and script asserts. They were the only ones.
I guess that I will send it back "as is", and see what happens.
Didn't have this problem when I uninstalled 5.0.4.2 when I thought 2.1 was coming.

Last edited:

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
If you send it back rooted verizon is going to charge you full price for a replacement. I would think about it before you do so.