Droid not showing backup/restore in recovery

Xterror

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my wife's OG Droid and tried installing a ROM but she doesn't have a backup/restore option in recovery menu like i've seen on videos and pics of other droids. Any idea why? or what I can do.

IMG_20110531_215514.jpg

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You need to flash a custom recovery, what your looking at there is the stock recovery menu.

Download ROM Manager from the market and flash Clockwork recovery from the app, its pretty simple so you shouldn't have any problems.

53kongo53

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
ok im stuck like this too... im stuck in the reboot page im able to go tothe recovery "same screen as his'' but cant recover anithing or go past this, i rooted using revolutionary ohh yeah i copied all files from evo 4g in to my L.Top any help will do n thank u guys for always willing to help!!!!:-\:':)':)'(

Last edited:

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
ok im stuck like this too... im stuck in the reboot page im able to go tothe recovery "same screen as his'' but cant recover anithing or go past this, i rooted using revolutionary ohh yeah i copied all files from evo 4g in to my L.Top any help will do n thank u guys for always willing to help!!!!:-\:':)':)'(

yes you cant do any kind of recovery from the stock recovery...you need a custon recovery like i already stated.

if your phone wont boot and if you have a ROM on your SD card you need to rename it update.zip and have it on the root of your SD card then boot back into this recovery and choose "apply sdcard:update.zip" and it will install ROM and boot for you but you wont have any of your data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo