What is the difference between Cyanogenmod/Koush and Ultimate Droid?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
There are many differences between them both one is based of the Droid ota update the other is built from source just to much to list

R

Roy Aguilera

Too many differences to list. Its a night and day difference though.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Like said above there are way to many difference to list but IMO they are the 2 best roms out. I have been using koush Rom for the last 3 weeks and its my favorite but before that I used ultimate Droid which I thought was very good too. You would-be happy with either one, why don't you try both and decide which one fits you better.

kalldrexx

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Like said above there are way to many difference to list but IMO they are the 2 best roms out. I have been using koush Rom for the last 3 weeks and its my favorite but before that I used ultimate Droid which I thought was very good too. You would-be happy with either one, why don't you try both and decide which one fits you better.

I'm trying them out, but besides the launcher differences I can't see anything else except very minor asthetic changes (i.e. black skin on ultimate droid, the VZW label is now "Ultimate Droid", etc..). I can't see anything substantial really.

R

Roy Aguilera

Okay here we go.
Koushes rom has
*360 rotate (you can rotate the screen upside down if you want)
*Shows the battery percentage on the battery
*Has a reboot option in the power off menu
*You can skip songs by using the volume button when the screen is locked
*Browser has user agent, displays moving avatars and can be used in full screen
*MMS app has themes (dark or light), you can also change the led color
*Has a built in terminal emulator
*Has the latest app updates released from google's source
*Has apps2sd
*Has option to move apps from system to sd or sd to system
*Has the nexus dock app *NOT SURE ABOUT ULTIMATE NOT HAVING THIS ONE.
*Has the option to turn the phone to silent or vibrate by using the right pull tab on the lock screen
*Has a moded music widget that lets you pause, go back or forward and displays cover art
*Has a fully fixed corpcal app
Ultimate Droid is missing all of these features
Just to name a few.

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying them out, but besides the launcher differences I can't see anything else except very minor asthetic changes (i.e. black skin on ultimate droid, the VZW label is now "Ultimate Droid", etc..). I can't see anything substantial really.

Think of Ford and Chevy, BMW and Audi, Chipotle and Qdoba, Dell and HP, Samsung and LG, etc. Its mostly personal preference unless ur really digging down into the OS. The average user won't notice a difference besides one is skinned and one isnt.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Okay here we go.
Koushes rom has
*360 rotate (you can rotate the screen upside down if you want)
*Shows the battery percentage on the battery
*Has a reboot option in the power off menu
*You can skip songs by using the volume button when the screen is locked
*Browser has user agent, displays moving avatars and can be used in full screen
*MMS app has themes (dark or light), you can also change the led color
*Has a built in terminal emulator
*Has the latest app updates released from google's source
*Has apps2sd
*Has option to move apps from system to sd or sd to system
*Has the nexus dock app *NOT SURE ABOUT ULTIMATE NOT HAVING THIS ONE.
*Has the option to turn the phone to silent or vibrate by using the right pull tab on the lock screen
*Has a moded music widget that lets you pause, go back or forward and displays cover art
*Has a fully fixed corpcal app
Ultimate Droid is missing all of these features
Just to name a few.

I did not know that :eek:

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Real stupid question but when I go to the cyanogenMod website it says for Nexus, yet this is in the droid section of the forum... So it works for the droid?

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
oh ok, right now im on droidmod. so i can just download this from the market and try it out or should i go back to 2.0.1 then reroot and do this?

R

Roy Aguilera

oh ok, right now im on droidmod. so i can just download this from the market and try it out or should i go back to 2.0.1 then reroot and do this?

Droid mod is 2.0.1.
Download the Rom Manager app
Install Cyanogen 5.0.5.7
Wipe data and cache.
The app does all the work. Kind of like DM.