No ROOTING for 2.1 official yet?

ali.fazal

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I was running DroidMod, but stupidly unrooted so that I could get the official 2.1 update.

Now that I'm on 2.1, is there no way to root?

From what I've gathered, my only option is to use RSDlite to go back to 2.0.1 and root from there?

Is this correct or is there a way to root with 2.1?

AsianBob

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I was running DroidMod, but stupidly unrooted so that I could get the official 2.1 update.

Now that I'm on 2.1, is there no way to root?

From what I've gathered, my only option is to use RSDlite to go back to 2.0.1 and root from there?

Is this correct or is there a way to root with 2.1?

Yes, so far, RSDlite to 2.0.1 is the only way to get a rooted 2.1. Go back to 2.0.1, root, install SPRecovery, then update using this ROM:

ROM ESE81 Completely Stock With Proper Root, SU, & Baseband - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

matrix2004

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site

ali.fazal

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Even though I used RSDlite to unbrick my phone-- this all seems a little too complex for my newb mind.

I guess I'll just wait until there is an easy rooting solution for 2.1. It can't be thaaat far off right?

Hoagie5252

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Even though I used RSDlite to unbrick my phone-- this all seems a little too complex for my newb mind.

I guess I'll just wait until there is an easy rooting solution for 2.1. It can't be thaaat far off right?

I hope not I updated to 2.1 and want root back but I can wait but not to long.

ali.fazal

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I just flashed back to 2.0.1. It wasn't that hard actually... I'm glad I did it. I never realize how slow the stock Droid is until I can't overclock anymore :)

PITTSBURGHkid83

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
So I'm on stock 2.1 and I think I want to go back to 2.0.1 with rsd lite so I can root has anyone tried this I read the procedures it doesn't look too difficult but I'm not sure if I'm suppose to download the files to my droid or my computer? Any help on this would be much appreciated!

ebruot

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
So I'm on stock 2.1 and I think I want to go back to 2.0.1 with rsd lite so I can root has anyone tried this I read the procedures it doesn't look too difficult but I'm not sure if I'm suppose to download the files to my droid or my computer? Any help on this would be much appreciated!

Download to your computer.

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
yes...........

Try this.
Make a backup, then while in recovery go to installation (or w/e it is)
Choose Install ROM from SDcard
Go to clockworkmod/download/briancook.ca/android/nexus/gapps
And then choose the file named: gapps-passion-EPE54B-signed

Hopefully it'll bring the market app back.

area52

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
all these articles saying that nobody is working on 2.1 for the droid to root. I'm new to the droid but correct me if im mistaken but isnt 2.1 rooted for the nexus one? I know they're different devices but various programs can on both, wouldn't it stand to reason that whatever root exploit used for the nexus one is also on the 2.1 for the droid?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The issue is their both 2.1 but Google builds it for the n1 and MOTO uses Google source code and builds it for the Droid. So the root process and other things will be different