JRummy Remix

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
im running this rom and i absolutely love it. i have had no problems with it at all everything is running 100% smooth for me

mjesenovec

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
doe anyone know why when i try to remove an app or a feature with the custom scripts in terminal emulator, i get the following message:

mount: permission denied (are you root?)

it's telling me it can't access files i'm requesting to delete because i'm not rooted i guess. of course i'm rooted if i'm running JRummy v.6

any ideas?

AllGood

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
doe anyone know why when i try to remove an app or a feature with the custom scripts in terminal emulator, i get the following message:

mount: permission denied (are you root?)

it's telling me it can't access files i'm requesting to delete because i'm not rooted i guess. of course i'm rooted if i'm running JRummy v.6

any ideas?

Have you downloaded and extracted the goodies?

I had some issues with the instructions on the thread on how to use scripts.

Once you have the goodies folder on the root of your sd card open the terminal emulator.
Type su and press enter
on the next line type the name of the script (ie: rmfacebook) and press enter

I had the problem because on the thread for this ROM it shows a dash in front of everything like -rmfacebook.

Hope this helps

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Nope. Its on the top. I can't figure out why it is doing it either. I wiped and reinstalled but still cuts the bottom off. I'm thinking it could be an issue with the cyan version. Once he released the red version then I will try that one and see if it works. Time will tell haha. That seems to be my quote lately. One thing that I would love to be implemented in this rom would be scrollable Widgets but that's probably something cyanogen would have implement.

mjesenovec

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Have you downloaded and extracted the goodies?

I had some issues with the instructions on the thread on how to use scripts.

Once you have the goodies folder on the root of your sd card open the terminal emulator.
Type su and press enter
on the next line type the name of the script (ie: rmfacebook) and press enter

I had the problem because on the thread for this ROM it shows a dash in front of everything like -rmfacebook.

Hope this helps

i need to have the goodies folder installed to run the preinstalled scripts? what is su? i've never used the terminal or adb (sp?) before, so i'm new to issuing commands on the droid.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
One thing that I would love to be implemented in this rom would be scrollable Widgets but that's probably something cyanogen would have implement.

That is one of the biggest reason why I want the Desire rom is for the scrollable widgets.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
i dont know what is worse, to not have ever experienced them but really really want them or to have experienced them but not on a fully functional/stable rom haha. 1 question though (before this gets completely off topic), how is the over stability of the widgets in the desire rom. i know you have mentioned the weather animation widgets have some issues but what about all of the other widgets that come with it. are they exactly the same as the desire/incredible or are they adaptions of them where they aren't 100% exact?

AllGood

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
i need to have the goodies folder installed to run the preinstalled scripts? what is su? i've never used the terminal or adb (sp?) before, so i'm new to issuing commands on the droid.

See you can download the goodies from here. Extract the file to your SD Card. Terminal Emulator comes pre installed. SU if i'm not mistaken just gives you superuser permission. Once you do that its very easy to run the scripts.
su <ENTER>
"name of script" <Enter>
If you have multiple scripts just keep entering in the script name. Once you are done just close the TermEmu

mich1248

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
i extracted the goodies file to my sd card and ran the terminal emulator with the su permission, and got no file or directory..permission denied..are u root? along with credit to starscream...any ideas what i did wrong