simplest way to root and overclock?

edwinc8811

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
i always wanted to overclock my droid but i didnt want to root because i thought that 2.1 might speed up my droid with performance fixes or something. now that i have updated and seen a performance decrease, i want to root and overclock

i tried reading in the forums but i would easily get confused as they would talk about rom flashing, kernels and stuff like that. plus they applied to the 2.01 droids...

can anyone tell me the easiest and simplest way to root and overclock on a 2.1 droid? sorry if this gets asked 20 times a day....

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
You have to flash the sbf back to 2.01 then use the root update or dm updater from their to get root and from their flash whatever Rom you want. The sbf instructions are in the faq

WAM

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
then maybe you shouldn't be hacking your already awesome phone? no offense i'm a fellow stock user and perfectly happy

edwinc8811

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
no, i loved doing this with my blackberry and i want to do it with my droid. i know its much different but you know what i mean.

i guess ill go back to 2.01 and go from there. or ill try that other 2.1 thats floating around the forums

Latin559

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Same here...I wanna overclock my droid too,but have no idea where to start. Even with all of the info here within the forums. Isn't there some type of android geek squad?(other than AC):p

droidlife.com

videos there. thats how i rooted and overclocked my droid. simple ways without hacving to use the sdk way.

Latin559

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
you dont even have to downgrade just flash this file and download a custom rom. this is a link with a video on how to do it. Video: Flashing SPRecovery SBF to Stock 2.1 | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog and then heres a video on how to flash a custom rom once SPRecovery is flashed Video: Installing a Custom ROM Using SPRecovery | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

thats the way i did it. that flashin with SBK seems like a headache waiting to happen. i got SPR and rooted my phone in about 3 mins total time with the update.zip way

edwinc8811

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
is there any custom rom that doesnt completely change the look of the stock theme? the cyan theme seems really good on a functionality level but i dont like its reskinned icons and blue everything...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2