What's going on? Problems everywhere...

Dalt0n94

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
So I just downgraded from 2.1 to 2.0.1, then got to rooted 2.1, and it was pretty good for the first day.

But now, every five or so minutes, my phone will randomly shut off, and then get stuck on the Droid eye while booting up. This causes me to have to perform a nandroid backup, losing my sms messages which are pretty important to me. Even after I do the nandroid backup its only about 2 hours before the rebooting problem starts, which is very annoying. Idk if its because I installed the overclock widget app (not setcpu as I couldn't find my credit card, but I found it so would this be a better option?) because everything was working pretty good before that.

Also, if its not the rebooting problem, everything will just force close, causing tons of force close messages to appear.

These problems have prevented me from being able to put a custom ROM on my phone, which is pretty annoying.

I saw that there is a way to root the stock 2.1 now (but there is no guide) however, would this be a better option or no?

So what do you think is wrong with my phone, and how can I correct it?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
are you on the stock ese81 rooted or a custom ese81 and it may help to do a full adb wipe format SYSTEM: , format DATA: , format CACHE: i dont know try that and if all else fails you can always do an update zip of another rooted rom

Dalt0n94

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
are you on the stock ese81 rooted or a custom ese81 and it may help to do a full adb wipe format SYSTEM: , format DATA: , format CACHE: i dont know try that and if all else fails you can always do an update zip of another rooted rom

I'm pretty sure I'm on the stock ESE81 rooted because I followed this guide rooted 2.1 ota - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum.

And wouldn't doing that delete all my settings, sms, email, and apps?

Also, I was thinking about going to another rooted ROM, is it just as easy as putting the zip file on my sdcard and updating it? And since I updated my kernel with the Chevy 7 slot medium voltage, would that make it any more difficult to update to a rooted ROM?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
nope not at all i would say do a full adb wipe then flash another rom the full adb wipe will format everything and hopefully give you a clean base to work from. and i meant to say after doing the wipe reload your nandroid becouse it would wipe your phone

Dalt0n94

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
nope not at all i would say do a full adb wipe then flash another rom the full adb wipe will format everything and hopefully give you a clean base to work from. and i meant to say after doing the wipe reload your nandroid becouse it would wipe your phone

K so full abd wipe, reboot, nandroid restore, reboot? Or full abd wipe, nandroid restore reboot?
Do I have to load a different ROM doing this?

Or if I'm gonna load another ROM, what order should I do those things plus flashing the other ROM?

Dalt0n94

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
reboot into recovery full adb wipe then nandroid restore or load whatever rom you want

Could I nandroid restore and THEN load whatever ROM I want, to keep all my settings and apps and whatnot? And no rebooting between these things, you sure? Just checkin

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
the best way i can say to load it is get rom manager from the market download the rom with google apps you will have to flash his recovery the app will do it for you. open astro or similar file manager, and find the rom should be in clockworkmod, download, and one of those folders. copy the rom and google aps to the root of your sdcard. once done with that reboot into recovery do a nandroid backup, then the full adb wipe. once thats done do the restore, then install his rom and google apps.

Dalt0n94

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
When you said restore the nandroid backup, the one that I am using right now or the one that I will make in the instructions you just gave to me?

Edit: Nvm bout the Google Apps question, I figured it out lol.

What is the ClockworkMod Recovery though? Does that mean I won't be able to use nandroid because its not SPRecovery?

Last edited:

Dalt0n94

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok, now I have a major problem. As I was downloading the Cyanogen ROM, my phone shut off, and now its stuck on the boot sequence, doing it over and over. I thought it was no problem, I would just nandroid restore, but I have the ClockworkMod Recovery now, not SPRecovery, so it isn't detecting my nandroid backup. How can I fix this??

Edit: Now it won't even turn on. Great.

Last edited:

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Sorry was out of the loop all that's needed is for you to charge the phone some boot into recovery and wipe data cache the reboot. That should hold you over. You can still mount the usb as mass storage and download the Rom from your comp then place it on your sdcard. Unmount the usb and install it good luck hopefully you get it up and running

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
There are a couple overclocking kernels that can be found in ROM Manager. Just enable developer mode, and go into the CyanogenMod section. P3's kernels are stable for me so far.

Dalt0n94

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
There are a couple overclocking kernels that can be found in ROM Manager. Just enable developer mode, and go into the CyanogenMod section. P3's kernels are stable for me so far.

I can download the 1200 and 1100 kernel just fine, and it looks like it installs fine too, but when I reboot and go into SetCPU to OC it, the max I can go is 600.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I can download the 1200 and 1100 kernel just fine, and it looks like it installs fine too, but when I reboot and go into SetCPU to OC it, the max I can go is 600.

Make sure you select "autodetect" and not "motorola droid" for device type. If that doesn't fix things, it may be a different issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer