Question......

JORDAN#IM

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I had decided to go the rooting route and wanna know a few things.

After doing the Flashing SPRecovery SBF to Stock 2.1 from my computer

Now, Installing a Custom ROM Using SPRecovery......can I do that on my phone?

From the few custom ROM that was shown here at Droid-Life.com http://www.droid-life.com/2010/04/14/video-installing-a-custom-rom-using-sprecovery/

Can I download that from my phone?

Do I have to be using the defalt Home when rooting or stay on HelixLauncher 2?

Last edited:

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
If you're new to the whole thing, I suggest the ROM Manager app from the market. Download it and install it, then read about it on the forums, then choose the ROM you're interested and install it. Many have several options to choose from before installation occurs - various launchers, themes, overclocks, etc.

I was having stability and speed issues, so I wiped everything and returned to a (rooted) stock 2.1. May go back to a custom ROM. Already tried Ultimate Droid and Bugless Beast, so my try out Cyanogen and see how it goes. Not sure though, as things are working pretty smoothly - very stable and super battery life, though a bit slower since it is no longer overclocked.

Hoagie5252

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
If you're new to the whole thing, I suggest the ROM Manager app from the market. Download it and install it, then read about it on the forums, then choose the ROM you're interested and install it. Many have several options to choose from before installation occurs - various launchers, themes, overclocks, etcd.

He will not be rooted until he flashes a Rom via update.zip method after flashing sprecovery.
But after that your right use Rom manager its a must.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463