Droid Turbo 2

MattRevs

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Heyyyyyy, I can't find the other thread which probably exsists somewhere, but does anyone know anything about the rumored Droid Turbo 2?

I think all this is is another version of the same phone, just with the lollipop icons instead of the KitKat icons.

Idk, what do you guys think?

Last edited:

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Well since they announced marshmallow as the next system, I would assume it has that.
I wish they would lower the pixel count. That would help battery a lot I think.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Heyyyyyy, I can't find the other thread which probably exsists somewhere, but does anyone know anything about the rumored Droid Turbo 2? If the rumours are true, why replace the Droid Turbo so early?

I think all this is is another version of the same phone, just with the lollipop icons instead of the KitKat icons.

Idk, what do you guys think?

So early? We're 9.5 months into release and nothing has been officially announced yet.

adayoff

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
So am I to understand that they can't update the first Droid right and the only way to fix it is release a new one? Great...

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Of course there's going to be a new Droid this fall. Like every other brand - Galaxy S, Note, HTC One, iPhone, Moto X, LG G series, etc. - there will be a new model every year. The Turbo came out at the end of last October, the 2013 Droids were in late August 2013, and we're almost at that time of 2015.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
So am I to understand that they can't update the first Droid right and the only way to fix it is release a new one? Great...

No, you are not understanding correctly. My family of four all have Droids. Three of us have updated to Lollipop without problems. The other is holding off. (He's also stated he's not going to do the free upgrade to Windows 10 on his PC.) I have seen a slight downtick in battery life on my Turbo, but otherwise everything is fine.

TiMar99

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
No, you are not understanding correctly. My family of four all have Droids. Three of us have updated to Lollipop without problems. The other is holding off. (He's also stated he's not going to do the free upgrade to Windows 10 on his PC.) I have seen a slight downtick in battery life on my Turbo, but otherwise everything is fine.

Lol on the Win 10 thing...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Uh.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm 90% sure that any new droid will ship with lollipop and not marshmallow. They won't even be able to start working with m until Google releases it to aosp and that has been happening in October or November the last few years - and, like last year's Turbo that shipped with kitkat rather than lollipop, they won't wait to ship this year's droid with m.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

he's missing out big time on Windows 10, it's a great upgrade

for having such a large battery, it's surprising the turbo doesn't get better battery life. speaks to the optimization. I mean it's solid, very solid, bit at 3900 mAh I expected more. a lot. it seems to have very similar battery life to the Note 4 which is surprising. that kinda leaves me somewhat skeptical about the Pure, a larger 1440p display but way smaller battery ... definitely something to keep an eye on before ordering

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Phandroid is reporting that the new Droid Turbo 2 will be a rebranded (and upgraded) Moto X Pure/Style, with wireless charging (yay), a plastic "unbreakable" OLED screen (yay) and a price in the $600 neighborhood (oh Verizon, you rapscallion).

Also, for what it's worth, they're saying the next Droid Maxx will be a rebranded Moto X Play, which Motorola is not bringing to the US.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I hope they have better names than MAXX 2 and TURBO 2.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

MattRevs

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
"...the new Droid Turbo 2 will be a rebranded (and upgraded) Moto X Pure/Style, with wireless charging (yay)..."

The current Droid Turbo HAS wireless charging... It's not really an upgrade unless it's faster charging, which may be a possibility.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
The current Droid Turbo HAS wireless charging... It's not really an upgrade unless it's faster charging, which may be a possibility.

I wasn't talking about the current Droid Turbo, I was talking about the new Moto X Pure/Style which does not have wireless charging. In this sense, the Turbo 2 is an upgraded Moto X Pure/Style.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke