Droid Turbo 2

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't talking about the current Droid Turbo, I was talking about the new Moto X Pure/Style which does not have wireless charging. In this sense, the Turbo 2 is an upgraded Moto X Pure/Style.

personally I wouldn't even compare the two. so many people that like the Moto Pure, just like the Nexus, do so because it's a non carrier branded, bloat free, customizable, unlocked phone running near stock. the UX is such a big part of it, that I can't even compare the two. I get it though, and hear what your saying about it being an upgrades Pure, I just personally don't see it like that.

MattRevs

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
personally I wouldn't even compare the two. so many people that like the Moto Pure, just like the Nexus, do so because it's a non carrier branded, bloat free, customizable, unlocked phone running near stock. the UX is such a big part of it, that I can't even compare the two. I get it though, and hear what your saying about it being an upgrades Pure, I just personally don't see it like that.

You bring up a good point.
I predict the Turbo 2 will only be as successful as the current model. This is because of the bloatware.

It's interesting, because it seems even with better specs, unfortunately, the bloatware is a "deal breaker" for most.

Posted via the Android Central App

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Bloatware isn't the problem. Being at the mercy of Verizon for updates is a much bigger issue.

I think bloat is becoming less and less of an issue ... I hate branding, not just with phones, anything ... I try to even avoid clothing with logos but it's not easy, my OCD has a lot to do with that.

if updates are important than yeah, that's definitely an issue. I wonder if it'll ship with M though? the thing with updates is if they're good, they're great, and if you don't have em you want em ... but if it sucks like LP originally did, then not being first in line for updates isn't a bad thing!!

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
That's true that Lollipop was a disaster and the turbo avoided the worst of it. I want some freedom from Verizon and am willing to give up some specs to do it. Having a phone like the Pure that will work on any carrier has value to me.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
It depends. If the next Droid has a huge battery, then I'm good sticking with Verizon. If the screen is over 5.4 inches, then it should have at least a 4000 mah in order to even keep up with the Turbo.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
It depends. If the next Droid has a huge battery, then I'm good sticking with Verizon. If the screen is over 5.4 inches, then it should have at least a 4000 mah in order to even keep up with the Turbo.

No such luck apparently. Looks like it has the 5.4" screen with a SMALLER battery?!?! WTH? I'm already not as impressed with the battery life on my Turbo compared to the Maxx before it and now they are making the battery even smaller with an even larger screen?

In the new renders the back looks somewhat rubberized. I sure hope that's the case so I don't have to get a case for my phone to make it less slippery, yet thicker.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Very happy to see the 48 hour battery life will be in the Turbo 2. It would have been disappointing if the midrange Maxx 2 had 48 battery life and the Turbo 2 did not.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The Turbo is touted as a 48h battery, but its clearly an up to 48h battery. I'd never come anywhere close to 48h with normal use. At least they aren't saying its a day and a half battery. I was nervous with a smaller battery and larger screen to power.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It's difficult to tell from those leaks but the display looks to be surrounded by a larger bezel to protect it. Also, because of this, it appears the glass may be flat so screen protectors wouldn't be an issue this time around.

I hope so, anyways.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
It's difficult to tell from those leaks but the display looks to be surrounded by a larger bezel to protect it. Also, because of this, it appears the glass may be flat so screen protectors wouldn't be an issue this time around.

I hope so, anyways.

I was hoping for a small bezel LG G style, but I guess they need the large ones to help keep the screen from breaking. :( I just hope the phone isn't too large to fit in the cell phone pockets in my various pants.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The Turbo is touted as a 48h battery, but its clearly an up to 48h battery. I'd never come anywhere close to 48h with normal use. At least they aren't saying its a day and a half battery. I was nervous with a smaller battery and larger screen to power.

Yes, the same way with the Turbo. Up to a 48 hour battery, but you can definitely make it through a full day with heavy use.