Motorola Bounce, Motorola Force

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
If this is available on the open market, this will be my next phone. They need to stop catering to Verizon, it doesn't work here anyways, "can you hear me now? no I can't"

Posted via the Android Central App

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Verizon droid special. $600 I bet. Slow updates because of Verizon. Internationally will have a different name. So much to like, but I'm not depending on Verizon for timely updates after having the Maxx still on kit Kat.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Re: New Surprise from Motorola

But you'll have to deal with Verizon and slow updates probably.

Already got VZ, - yeah, it sure sucks to have the best network and zero dropped calls in the last 8 years :)

Posted via the Android Central App

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I have Verizon also. But the droid Maxx still doesn't have Lollipop. Getting updates directly from Motorola without interference from Verizon is a big deal to me. Plus I'm not in a contract and can take the Pure to any carrier if I want. So while the phone will be a beast, as droids are, there are downsides.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have Verizon also. But the droid Maxx still doesn't have Lollipop. Getting updates directly from Motorola without interference from Verizon is a big deal to me. Plus I'm not in a contract and can take the Pure to any carrier if I want. So while the phone will be a beast, as droids are, there are downsides.

FYI - during one of David Schuster's Lollipop update posts, he did mentioned that the second gen Moto X Pure Edition still went through carrier (AT&T, T-Mobile) labs for testing.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
FYI - during one of David Schuster's Lollipop update posts, he did mentioned that the second gen Moto X Pure Edition still went through carrier (AT&T, T-Mobile) labs for testing.

Just to review, when did the Verizon controlled Droid Turbo get lollipop, July 2015? And when did the 2014 X Pure Edition get it, November 2014?? Hmm....

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Verizon droid special. $600 I bet. Slow updates because of Verizon. Internationally will have a different name. So much to like, but I'm not depending on Verizon for timely updates after having the Maxx still on kit Kat.

wow, I didn't know the maxx was still on kk ... as somebody that uses his phones for 24-36 months, that would definitely be an automatic disqualification.

just grabbed the Nexus 6 today on Amazon for $350. that and possibly the LG Nexus 2015 for about $800, and the Moto G for my son, all for about the price of an Edge+ ... not bad!

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
This looks amazing, save for the battery. If Motorola is going to bump the screen size from the 5.2 on the Turbo to 5.43 here, they absolutely should not decrease battery capacity. I would have liked to see this phone get a 4000 mah or greater battery.

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully they are waiting until Android 6.0 is out to release it to avoid the disaster of last years Droid Turbo taking forever to get Android 5.x. My only other major concern is the size of those side bezels but hopefully that's more of an issue with the stock pictures and the actual device doesn't have as much wasted bezel. Obviously bloatware is a concern too but nothing one can do about that on a carrier device.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
This should have all the features of the Turbo, right? Obviously we don't know yet, but I'm thinking....

Double twist for camera?
Always listening/"okay google" from dark screen?
Active display - you wave your hand over it to show current notifications?

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Since it is the Turbo successor, I'd imagine it has at least all of the Turbo features. Probably some new ones in addition to the already known features. Question is - what's going to happen to battery life with a bigger screen and a smaller battery?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This should have all the features of the Turbo, right? Obviously we don't know yet, but I'm thinking....

Double twist for camera?
Always listening/"okay google" from dark screen?
Active display - you wave your hand over it to show current notifications?

And it can Bounce.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke