Post your thoughts after the turbo 2 /maxx 2 reveal today!

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Just a few hours away and we will see what the new droids will be.

Ive looking at leaked pictures and leaked advertisements, talking about the shatterproof display that says it wont shatter or crack.

I may stay up and watch the event if i can find where to watch it. (Im a day sleeper )

Just thought i would start a thread for the opinions for after the release!

I love the droids and want to see if it will be enough to make me put aide my note5!

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm excited too! Even if the Turbo ends up not being my phone I feel like I can finally make a decision with all of the information out there on the latest devices. It's pretty much down to the MXPE or Turbo 2.

I tried to like the Nexii and the HTC. But as someone who wants minimum 64GB (internal or SD) and is on Verizon, prefers having Moto's features and radios, and would prefer a screen closer to 5" than 6", everything is a compromise!

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I agree w screen size. The 5.2 of the turbo is perfect to me. I go back and forth between my turbo and my note5. The 5 is great but i always miss the moto features!

I haven't heard a lot of good things about the sd810 and nothing about the other.. so im curious if moto fig out the 3900mah batt was used up a lot on the 1440 screen... wonder if the 810 is more power efficient?

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping they would offer it through Moto themselves but it appears you order through Verizon for your design choices.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
That Verizon guy seemed to enjoy dropping the T2 on the concrete bricks. He did it twice.
Battery is slightly smaller at 3760 mAh vs. T1 at 3900.
"World class camera", cited the DXo tests.
15 minutes of charge yields 13 hours of battery usage.
Didn't hear anything about OIS for the Turbo 2.
Didn't hear anything about sd card for the Turbo 2.
$30/month for T2 with 64GB storage, that will buy you one refresh of the case with Moto Maker. Also a limited time offer of $300 off when you trade in your old smartphone, even if it has a cracked screen. "Your last phone ever with a cracked screen, if you go with a Turbo 2" the guy proudly stated.

The Maxx 2 is kind of intriguing, slightly bigger screen, sd card, almost the same sized battery. Sounds like a moto X pure with a bigger battery. Hmmm...

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
A little disappointed that the design refresh is after 2 years. And $720 for the 64gb is about $70 more than I was expecting/hoping.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Can't wait to see dimensions and weight for the Turbo 2 vs the Maxx, to get an idea of the physical cost of that shatter shield tech.

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
$300 off with trade in, so $420 total, or $17.50/month.

They said UP TO $300 off with a trade in. So, if you trade in a cracked phone there is no way they are giving you $300. I mean if they would that would be awesome I would 100% do it. I have an old droid ultra sitting in my drawer.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Droid Maxx 2 is a good value, but if it is exactly a re-branded X Play, then it does have a lesser processor and less features for the camera... Just something to consider.

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Droid Maxx 2 is a good value, but if it is exactly a re-branded X Play, then it does have a lesser processor and less features for the camera... Just something to consider.

Specs from the newly live moto page (for the Maxx2):
System Architecture/Processor
Motorola Mobile Computing System including 1.7GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 615 Octa-core CPU, Adreno 405 @ 550 MHz GPU, Natural Language Processor, Contextual Computing Processor

Memory (RAM)
2GB

Storage
16GB6, MicroSD Card support (up to 128GB)4

Last edited:

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Yes. T2 is supposed to have "zero shutter lag, which means there’s no delay between when you touch the screen and when the photo is taken." (quote taken right off the Moto web site.)

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Dang the T2 is wide - 3.07 in (78mm). At 6.0 oz it is actually about. 3 lighter than the Moto X Pure and the OG Turbo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair