Post your thoughts after the turbo 2 /maxx 2 reveal today!

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Rumor is that offer is only if you add a new line or are new to Verizon. I'm not ready to add a line.

When I got my T1 they gave me $100 off for my old D2Global and they gave the rest of my family $100 off for each of their crappy LG dumb phones. Didn't need to add a line.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
When I got my T1 they gave me $100 off for my old D2Global and they gave the rest of my family $100 off for each of their crappy LG dumb phones. Didn't need to add a line.
Yeah, I'm hoping they will offer something like that which will feel like you're actually getting a deal! Like I said, the new line thing is a rumor, though I'm sure that will get you top dollar.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
If you go to the motorola website you can see all the specs

In the speaker section it says front facing loud speaker, not speakers.. so i guess we dont get the stereo speakers?

Im liking the phone, i wish there were some people who got a sneak peak to review and could comment on speaker sound and overall feel of the phone.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes. T2 is supposed to have "zero shutter lag, which means there’s no delay between when you touch the screen and when the photo is taken." (quote taken right off the Moto web site.)

If this is how the camera is going to handle movement it ought to remove almost all objections to Moto cameras:

o93eo4.jpg

bstarr3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Is possible that there was an error, but when I put my phone (32gb Moto X 2014 with wood back) into the Verizon online trade in calculator, it came out to $30. I wouldn't bank on getting a significant trade in.

Posted via the Android Central App

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Is possible that there was an error, but when I put my phone (32gb Moto X 2014 with wood back) into the Verizon online trade in calculator, it came out to $30. I wouldn't bank on getting a significant trade in.

No thats about right. Verizon trade ins are for little old ladies that dont know what the internet is. swappa.com.

Now if they are doing a $300 credit for any trade in, that would be worth it. But the quote from the live stream was "A limited time trade-in offer gets you up to $300 on a Turbo 2"

bstarr3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Wider (1.8mm, but still) but shorter, thinner, and lighter than MXPE. Is much better battery and shatterproof screen in a roughly same-sized package worth the slow verizon upgrade schedule?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Looks like it's an AMOLED screen according to Motorola's website, not POLED as had been rumored. That alone is a turn off to me unless they have a cooler color balance. I can't stand the off white you get like on Samsung displays, plus they seem to burn in more easily (judging by active display models compared to LCD screens in stores). Maybe the T2 will be different, but it seems all AMOLED displays are the same.

Also disappointed it doesn't seem to have OIS. It's not a deal breaker like the display, but something I'd hoped for. It does seem they did some work to eliminate lens flares, which would be awesome. No mention of an IR blaster or stereo speakers is also a let down.

Looks like I may pass on this one, but I'll hold off final judgement until more details come out.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
No thats about right. Verizon trade ins are for little old ladies that dont know what the internet is. swappa.com.

Now if they are doing a $300 credit for any trade in, that would be worth it. But the quote from the live stream was "A limited time trade-in offer gets you up to $300 on a Turbo 2"

The 300 dollar trade in is for when you either add a line or are a new customer. If you are just edging up or upgrading a line you wont get the promo.

I just added a line to get the note5 and turned in a crappy old smartphone and got 200 off.. however for this one i will just trade in my turbo so i dont have to add yet another line.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I have 2 questions:

1. Why no IP certification like the G? After all, this is supposed to be a tough phone and they are still pushing their nano coating for light rain (but not for heavier rain!).
2. Why no fingerprint sensor? I, personally, don't care about this feature but a lot of people do and most flagships have one.

Thoughts?

dcallan

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I have but one objection... Why so big? Am I the only business/power user who doesn't want a huge device? I can barely fir the Droid Turbo in my pocket. If I'm not mistaken, there are no (current) options on Verizon for a 5" or less android phone. I think the Droid Maxx 1 was the last option.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Wider (1.8mm, but still) but shorter, thinner, and lighter than MXPE. Is much better battery and shatterproof screen in a roughly same-sized package worth the slow verizon upgrade schedule?

And is it worth spending around an extra $150? (assuming you would buy accident protection for the MXPE)

Lighter and shorter despite a bigger battery does appeal to me, I admit.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Yeah. Up to means the phone actually matters.

If it was any, you could have probably turned in an original DROID to get that $300.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have but one objection... Why so big? Am I the only business/power user who doesn't want a huge device? I can barely fir the Droid Turbo in my pocket. If I'm not mistaken, there are no (current) options on Verizon for a 5" or less android phone. I think the Droid Maxx 1 was the last option.

You're not the only one. The M8 was about the biggest I'd be comfortable with. It seems like the manufactures/carriers think anyone that wants a high performing phone must want to hold a small book to your head.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 questions:

1. Why no IP certification like the G? After all, this is supposed to be a tough phone and they are still pushing their nano coating for light rain (but not for heavier rain!).
2. Why no fingerprint sensor? I, personally, don't care about this feature but a lot of people do and most flagships have one.

Thoughts?

1. They're specifically going for screen durability. They're not dunking this in water.
2. They probably still weren't able to get the fingerprint sensors they wanted for it. I expect to see them on the 2016 Motorolas though.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
1. They're specifically going for screen durability. They're not dunking this in water.
2. They probably still weren't able to get the fingerprint sensors they wanted for it. I expect to see them on the 2016 Motorolas though.

Thanks for the response. I understand the desire for screen durability, it just seems that more water resistance (IPX7) is something Moto could have done as well, particularly since they already put that tech in a much cheaper phone.