will the VZW Droid Turbo 2 have a better camera than the Note 5?

I know it's still early (only 7AM here ), but based on previous Motorola VZW Droid phones, is this likely?

Thanks!
    10-27-2015 12:11 PM
    I doubt it. My note5 takes awesome pics and is arguably the best camera or close to it on the market.

I hope the camera is improved over last years, however i dont see it being as god as the note5

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    10-27-2015 02:13 PM
    Based on score? I think they're the same.

Even if the Note 5 ends up being better, the DROID TURBO 2's pictures won't suck.
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-27-2015 02:19 PM
    I doubt it. My note5 takes awesome pics and is arguably the best camera or close to it on the market.

I hope the camera is improved over last years, however i dont see it being as god as the note5

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    I agree... my Note 5 is the only phone that I know of that can come close to the photos taken by my lady friend's new iPhone 6s Plus(Pink). If her iPhone scores 100, then my Note 5 is about a 90. (but drops to maybe 85 in dark restaurant no-flash scenes)
    10-27-2015 02:21 PM
    Comparing spec pages, the Turbo 2 is exactly the same camera and features as what is on the Moto X Pure. So you should be able to find plenty of info on it.

For me personally, that camera performs well enough that I could choose either device strictly based on other factors.
    10-27-2015 02:27 PM

According to the DXo site, the T2 camera has an overall score of 84. The Note 5 is not tested; the Note 4 got an 83; the Galaxy S6 Edge got a 86.

Motorola Droid Turbo 2 Mobile review: Challenging for the top - DxOMark

One thing about the Samsung cameras is the software oversaturates the colors just a tad. Hard to tell if all you are looking at is Samsung photos, but put Samsung photos next to a Nexus, an Apple, an LG, or a Sony camera and they look a bit too vibrant. There also seems to be a slight yellow-tan tint to Samsung's shots.
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-27-2015 02:51 PM
    Closed loop processing and whatever phase detect auto focussing is should help.
    10-27-2015 03:50 PM
    Here's another glowing review from Digital Photography Review:

Super charged? Motorola Droid Turbo 2 preview and samples: Connect
    10-27-2015 07:02 PM
    Here's another glowing review from Digital Photography Review:

Super charged? Motorola Droid Turbo 2 preview and samples: Connect
    The pictures in that review look a little "soft" on edges, but overall are pretty nice. It's amazing how far smartphone cameras have come, and no wonder the point-and-shoot camera market is dying.
    Ry likes this.
    10-28-2015 12:55 PM