10-27-2015 02:01 PM
    10-27-2015 03:55 PM
    Cant wait to play w one and see how it works and looks in person.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    ccbflo likes this.
    10-28-2015 04:48 AM
    Can't wait to hear the stories of how people still managed to shatter their screen. lol
    10-28-2015 02:08 PM
    Since the display is made out of a series of plastic layers (with no glass), I wonder how well it can hold up to scratches. Plastic isn't nearly as resistant to scratches as glass is.

Thankfully, I've never cracked a screen on my smartphones from dropping them. Scratches however would be a problem for me. It can ruin the viewing experience.
    10-28-2015 06:11 PM
    That's a concern of mine as well. I've never been able to scratch any of the Gorilla glass phones but I'm sure this plastic will scratch. Seems that their plan to deal with this is a replaceable top layer. Supposedly available through the Motorola site and replaceable by anyone.
    10-28-2015 06:20 PM
    The outer layer is replaceable by the phone owner, motorola says you can order replacemens from them and they will be available in some stores.

I had thought of buying a zagg, but the if the phone has a replaceable one already, there really isn't an need

Posted via the Android Central App
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-28-2015 07:02 PM
    Wonder if someone might make a glass lens for it then. I have a glass screen protector on an iPad Air, and love it. Hard to tell it's even there.
    10-28-2015 08:10 PM
    The outer layer is replaceable by the phone owner, motorola says you can order replacemens from them and they will be available in some stores.

Has anyone read anything about what this user replaceable layer will cost?

Thanks!
    10-29-2015 01:31 AM
    Has anyone read anything about what this user replaceable layer will cost?

Thanks!
    +1, and what the process is for replacement.
    10-29-2015 02:44 PM
    Apparently that Moto Shattershield is doing something because I looked at four Droid Turbo 2s today and every one of them had dark, dingy screens on maximum brightness looking at system settings screens compared to the Pure at maximum brightness. Interestingly though, the Maxx 2 actually had a brighter and whiter screen than my Pure with that test, although I do have a tempured glass protector on my screen.
    10-29-2015 02:50 PM
    Apparently that Moto Shattershield is doing something because I looked at four Droid Turbo 2s today and every one of them had dark, dingy screens on maximum brightness looking at system settings screens compared to the Pure at maximum brightness. Interestingly though, the Maxx 2 actually had a brighter and whiter screen than my Pure with that test, although I do have a tempured glass protector on my screen.
    Odd, on the display units I saw, the screen seemed almost obnoxiously bright, and maybe the tiniest bit oversaturated. Overall it looked like a very nice display though.
    10-29-2015 03:22 PM
    Yeah, that is strange since I looked at four of them. Did you compare it to another phone?
    10-29-2015 04:54 PM
    Yeah, that is strange since I looked at four of them. Did you compare it to another phone?
    Just my own experience with my own Droid Maxx. I have a hard time believing it could be much brighter than it was without washing out though. It was very bright.
    10-29-2015 05:52 PM
    There is a tempered glass protector on Amazon, says they wil have stock & start shipping Oct 31st. There is also a matte traditional screen protector availible, was thinking about getting the former. Went into look at the phone yesterday. The screen to me felt like any other glass screen, didn't feel like a softer plastic cover. Also it looked bright, didn't notice any dull or darker screen.
    YAYTech likes this.
    10-30-2015 08:46 AM
    Remembering a stock response from the beginning Turbo 1 forum... Did you take off the plastic sheet covering the phone in the box?

I remember that being offered for every condition that was asked about for the first month of the Turbo. It was quite funny at the time.
    cbironman24 likes this.
    10-30-2015 02:58 PM
    Just talked to Motorola customer service about the screen 4 year warranty & the user replaceable 1st screen layer. He wasn't sure about the 4 year warranty or what the replacement procedure would be. Said he knew about it & was supposed to have training on that in a couple of days (possibly tomorrow). He said the protective 1st layer would be availible to purchase from Moto but he wasn't sure yet how much it would be. Will probably be covered in his training. Also said the 1st layer will be just like replacing a traditional screen protector (which he recommended being installed on the screen too).
    10-30-2015 04:15 PM

Check it out!
    Sergiusz Jasper likes this.
    11-01-2015 04:35 PM
    After seeing this, my guess would be that in the next 1-2 years all handsets will be built with similar screens.
    11-01-2015 04:41 PM
    You will have hatemongers for everything. I betcha most of the hate are from people who can't get one and/or are jealous of the features they cannot have on their device.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-01-2015 06:45 PM
    I'm really disappointed in the guys who made that video. They should've stepped it up more slowly to really determine what kind of impact it would take to actually make the screen unresponsive.

*edit* "disappointed in" might not be the right phrasing, I just feel like if you're going to destroy a nice phone, take some time with it. Add a drop onto a corner or some sharp rocks. Increase the height. When it stops responding, see if you can reboot it & get it to respond again. Going from a drop to a series of hard hits with a hammer is too big a jump all at once.
    11-01-2015 10:12 PM
    $29.99 thru Motorola
    11-04-2015 10:35 AM