"I've ordered my DROID TURBO 2" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine thru Verizon's Design Your Own. At the end I had the option to pay for next day delivery by 10:30 am.

Be sure to contact VZW to get that refunded. I did. A Motomaker phone has to be built and shipped from China so there's no such thing as next day delivery as there would be an in-stock phone in the States. They really need to fix that on the website if a 'Design Your Own' is placed in the Cart. The time it takes for shipment on a Motomaker phone is the same whether you selected 'Free Shipping' or offered to pay extra for faster shipping.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I already got the refund, but what they explained was that once it got to the USA, I would get it in one day by 10:30. So if I get it today, then I'll know that is correct in what they meant where as the shipping says it's expected tomorrow for many of us. We shall see.

Yea... I got the same crazy explanation. As if VZW somehow helped speed the process once the phone landed in Memphis. Moto ships it from China via one rate and one rate only.

And yes.. my phone was in the same bulk shipment that landed in Memphis last night, and FedEx also said mine is also on a truck out to me by 10:30am this morning. One day early... so had to 'Work from Home' in order to be here for the sign-off.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
For some reason I was under the impression the phones were made in the US. When I saw the whole China thing, I didn't think they would make it here byt Tomorrow

The original Moto X (2013) was made in Texas... but after that they moved mfg to China.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine came in this morning as well... 10:30am on the dot.

It's the Employee Edition with Ballistic Nylon
emp_edition.jpg

wildfan1976

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Moto Maker

Anybody get there phone yet from moto maker yet? Ordered it thru verizon thursday and havnt seen it yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Mine is ordered - arriving tomorrow

I checked out four different Droid Turbo 2s today. All of them on maximum brightness had dark, dingy screens compared to my Pure looking at settings screens. In contrast, the Droid Maxx 2 was actually whiter and brighter on maximum brightness than the Pure on those settings screens. Now my Pure does have a tempured glass screen protector.

If I go to the display settings on my Turbo2 and turn off the "adaptive display" feature the screen can now be adjusted to "brighter than s#it" level.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463