"I've ordered my DROID TURBO 2" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Ordered a 64 Gb T2 via Designed by You on the 6th, with an estimated delivery date of the 13th. I got it today. Successfully kept my UDP by transferring the upgrade to a TDP and activating the new phone there. Avoided the $20/month extra UPD charge starting on the 15th, saving myself $114 over the 2 year contract.

Ok I can sorta figure out the UDP what is TDP? I'm trading in my Nexus 6 for a 218 credit on my account. Do you get the 25 credit for edge?

Posted via the Android Central App

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Ordered a 64 Gb T2 via Designed by You on the 6th, with an estimated delivery date of the 13th. I got it today. Successfully kept my UDP by transferring the upgrade to a TDP and activating the new phone there. Avoided the $20/month extra UPD charge starting on the 15th, saving myself $114 over the 2 year contract.

How do you like it so far? I'm getting mine tomorrow.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok I can sorta figure out the UDP what is TDP? I'm trading in my Nexus 6 for a 218 credit on my account. Do you get the 25 credit for edge?

UDP = Unlimited Data Plan
TDP = Tiered Data Plan (all data plans other than UDP)

I don't get any credit because I'm on UDP and don't want to lose it.

I haven't played with it much yet, other than to skip everything in the setup just to get it activated and send a few texts and make a few calls. So far it's very responsive- a nice step up from my Droid MAXX.

Tonya Pinette

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Finally got a definitive answer this evening on what happened with my order. Apparently somewhere down the line my order got lost in the internets and I was sent a code from Motorola to put into Moto maker to rebuild my phone and order it yet again... Extremely unhappy about the fact that it took 11 days to find this out. At least now I know my phone is actually ordered, unfortunately it won't be delivered until 11/24.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
UDP = Unlimited Data Plan
TDP = Tiered Data Plan (all data plans other than UDP)

I don't get any credit because I'm on UDP and don't want to lose it.

I haven't played with it much yet, other than to skip everything in the setup just to get it activated and send a few texts and make a few calls. So far it's very responsive- a nice step up from my Droid MAXX.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Finally got a definitive answer this evening on what happened with my order. Apparently somewhere down the line my order got lost in the internets and I was sent a code from Motorola to put into Moto maker to rebuild my phone and order it yet again... Extremely unhappy about the fact that it took 11 days to find this out. At least now I know my phone is actually ordered, unfortunately it won't be delivered until 11/24.

Why so long?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

How did you get this figured out? I ordered mine on 10/31 with a ETA of 11/11. Its now 11/10 and its still listed as being built

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I placed my order for a customized 64 GB model on Sunday at a Verizon corporate store. I just received my tracking info last night with an expected delivery date of Thursday! When I placed my order the estimated delivery date was 11/16 so the speed of shipping has surprised me.

Tonya Pinette

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
How did you get this figured out? I ordered mine on 10/31 with a ETA of 11/11. Its now 11/10 and its still listed as being built

When I got an email from Motorola with the code to reorder it. Did you order the white and silver face and frame? If you did, it's on back order until 11/24. If that's not the case I would call both Verizon and Motorola to try to find an answer about your delay.

abwchris

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

There had to be a screwup in the system for a lot of people that ordered on launch or day after because I just received my code finally too after ordering on the 29th and spending way too much time on the phones with both companies. Got a free Garmin VivoFit out of the deal tho so my fiancee will be happy.

abwchris

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat you're in. Who did you get the Garmin from? Verizon or Motorola? Any advice on how you pulled that off?

Got it from Verizon. I spent around 6 hours on the phone but after seemingly getting the issue resolved (it wasn't) I called back in to Verizon Customer Service and asked to speak to a manager. They went through my previous calls and heard 3 different reps outright lie to me at which point they apologized immensely and offered me a few items and I went with the Garmin.

I was told my package was lost by Fedex and to contact them by the first rep, Fedex had no such package. The second rep gave me a fake tracking number and when I said it doesn't exist in the Fedex system she said to give it some time and call back, tracking number was never valid. Third rep (conference with Moto rep too) told me they found my order and were in the process of contacting the factory to get an update and would call me back Monday morning, no such call ever came.

I had never been so disrespected by customer service in any business ever before so I was pretty hot and called to speak to someone who could do something about it. I told the manager if it wasn't for the signal reliability where I live/travel to I would have jumped over to T-Mo without a second thought and returned my fiancee's iPhone 6S we just purchased.

I will say the manager I spoke to, name escapes me, seemed very friendly and helpful and I don't know if she had anything to do with it but the next morning I received my Moto pin number to reorder my device so in the end I am getting the phone I want after way too much hassle.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
When I got an email from Motorola with the code to reorder it. Did you order the white and silver face and frame? If you did, it's on back order until 11/24. If that's not the case I would call both Verizon and Motorola to try to find an answer about your delay.

Yea, the white. I spoke to 2 different Motorola reps, one online and one on the phone. Neither of their primary languages was English and I felt like I was talking to a rep in the store. Neither of them seemed to totally be able to help me. I mentioned hearing about the backorder thing, but they didn't know anything about that. I finally just asked if I could cancel my order and just go buy one from the store. They said I can't cancel it, but can return it for a full refund when it arrives. I think I'm just going to go buy an all black one in the store tomorrow. I guess at least that way it will hide all of the sensors. I wanted to get something other than a black phone this time around, but oh well.

dblackw2

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

So, just so I know if I am still being led on by Motorola. They gave me an order number and stated that my expected delivery date is 11/20. I never got a code just an order number. Did you ever get an order number from them before you got your code sent to you to order through Moto Maker? I do want to clarify that the order number Motorola gave me is different than my two order numbers through Verizon.

This has been the worst experience I have ever had with Verizon, Motorola, or any company for that matter.

Tonya Pinette

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
So, just so I know if I am still being led on by Motorola. They gave me an order number and stated that my expected delivery date is 11/20. I never got a code just an order number. Did you ever get an order number from them before you got your code sent to you to order through Moto Maker? I do want to clarify that the order number Motorola gave me is different than my two order numbers through Verizon.

This has been the worst experience I have ever had with Verizon, Motorola, or any company for that matter.

This has been absolutely awful for me as well. Completely unsatisfied with this transaction. To answer your question I was first given a code to reorder, after I rebuilt my phone and put the order through I was then sent an email with an order number and estimated delivery date and a link that brings me to the progress tracker. It's currently being built.

Tonya Pinette

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Yea, the white. I spoke to 2 different Motorola reps, one online and one on the phone. Neither of their primary languages was English and I felt like I was talking to a rep in the store. Neither of them seemed to totally be able to help me. I mentioned hearing about the backorder thing, but they didn't know anything about that. I finally just asked if I could cancel my order and just go buy one from the store. They said I can't cancel it, but can return it for a full refund when it arrives. I think I'm just going to go buy an all black one in the store tomorrow. I guess at least that way it will hide all of the sensors. I wanted to get something other than a black phone this time around, but oh well.

I would wait it out. The estimated delivery for the white front is 11/24 so although it is a few more weeks away, you will ultimately be more satisfied with the product knowing it was built the way you wanted it...

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I would wait it out. The estimated delivery for the white front is 11/24 so although it is a few more weeks away, you will ultimately be more satisfied with the product knowing it was built the way you wanted it...

So, now my order is listed as "Complete". Wonder when that means it will be shipped or arrive. My phone look like this. Not sure about the backorder thing with the white face. Does your's still say its being built?
CONF_SVC_RedirectToAssetImage-Service